Valentine Mail Box Ideas
Everyone loves receiving valentines on Valentine’s Day! When I was a kid, my favorite part of our class Valentine’s Party was weaving around the desks, dropping envelopes into all the Valentine’s Day Boxes. My box was usually covered in wadded up pink & red tissue paper with construction paper hearts glued here and there.
But I have boys. Four of them. And not one of them has been on board with a Valentine Mail Box covered in glitter and unicorns and rainbow hearts.
For those of you with boys, here’s an idea for how to create an easy Valentine’s Day Monster mail box. All you need is a few supplies you may have around the house already. This is a great weekend craft or even an easy after school craft as it only takes about 15 minutes to complete.
TIP: Make sure to use a 120 ct Kleenex box, if you do, then you won’t even have to trim your construction paper at all – it fits around it perfectly!
- Empty Kleenex Box (the 120 ct is best for this project)
- Construction Paper or Scrapbook paper
- Glue or tape
- Stapler (optional)
- Take construction paper and wrap your Kleenex box as pictured. Secure with tape on the bottom of the box where it won’t be noticed.
- Using your scissors, cut out the “mouth” in the same place as the opening of the Kleenex box. (Don’t worry if it’s a little rough looking – that’s what the teeth are going to cover!)
- Using a white piece of posterboard or stiff paper, cut out a row of monster teeth and glue or staple along the top of the opening. Ditto for the bottom of the opening. (If you’re stapling, you can open the side of the Kleenex box to more easily reach inside)
- Add a flag and tape to the back. You can also add your child’s name if you wish.
And if you leave off the teeth – you can add heart stickers and glitter galore, it will be fit for a princess. Speaking of those lovely ladies….
Here’s a different idea that I think is fun – and handy! York Photo is currently offering Customized Kids Totes Buy 1 Get 2 FREE. That makes them just $9.99 for all 3, and combined shipping will be $7.97.
That works out to $17.96 when all is said and done, which is not bad for 3 cute totes, shipped to your door! These would make great Valentine Treat Bags for your child to tote THEIR notes and goodies to school, as well as bringing home the letters they receive.
Plus they’ve got a cute tote bag to keep and use at the library, ballet class, playdates, whatever 😉
To Get This Deal:
- Head over HERE and after adding and designing 3 bags, use code DTP to drop the price to $9.99
*Shipping is $3.99, plus $1.99 for each extra bag for a total of $7.97. Your complete order shipped will be $17.96 – or $5.98 per bag. That’s a great deal!
And if you’re just not feeling crafty but you don’t want to disappoint the kiddos – this is a quick Valentine Mail Box idea is for you!
I was at Target the other night and found these super cute little Valentine Mailboxes in the dollar spot. Just customize them for each child with some stickers or stick-on jewels like the ones shown here from PlainVanillaMom and DONE!