Creamy Tuscan Chicken (Keto & Low Carb)
This creamy Tuscan chicken is a delicious one-skillet dinner your family will love! It is also keto-friendly and low carb!
Prep Time10 mins
Cook Time25 mins
Total Time35 mins
Servings: 6 servings
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 1/4 lbs boneless, skinless chicken breasts (thin cut)
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1.2 tsp paprika
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, freshly grated + 1/4 cup for garnishing (optional)
- 1/3 cup Gouda cheese, freshly grated
- 1 cup grape tomatoes. halved
- 1/4 onion, chopped
- 1 1/2 cup fresh baby spinach leaves, roughly chopped
Season chicken with Italian seasoning, paprika, salt and pepper.
In a 12-inch cast-iron skillet over medium heat, add 2 tbsp olive oil.
When the skillet gets nice and hot, add your chicken and sear on both sides until brown. Put a lid on the top to help the chicken cook. Don't overcook the chicken. The internal temperature should reach 165°F. (Use a thermometer to help.) Remove from the pan and set aside.
Add butter, garlic, onion, and diced tomatoes to pan with Italian seasoning and paprika sauce for 5 minutes stirring occasionally on medium/ low heat.
De-glaze pan with chicken broth. Scrape the pan to remove the bits that might have stuck to the bottom. Make sure to keep them in the pan as they add incredible flavor.
Add heavy cream, Parmesan cheese, Gouda, and spinach and simmer on medium heat until the sauce begins to thicken stirring occasionally so that it doesn't stick. (It took mine approx seven minutes.)
Add the chicken back to the skillet, and simmer on low heat for two minutes.
Add remaining 1/4 cup of Parmesan cheese on top of chicken if desired.
- Using a cast-iron skillet will help sear your chicken more evenly and also develop the flavor better.
- Use full-fat heavy cream to get the most out of the flavor and your keto diet.
- Gouda cheese adds a nice flavor to the sauce, so try not to leave this out!
- Fresh spinach is preferred in this dish as opposed to frozen.
- You may substitute sun-dried tomatoes for the fresh tomatoes in this dish is you prefer.
Calories: 524kcal | Carbohydrates: 4g | Protein: 44g | Fat: 37g | Fiber: 1g | Vitamin C: 1mg