Traditional Keto Low Carb Chaffle Recipe
The quick and delicious Keto Chaffle recipe is easy to make and versatile. You can use chaffles for hamburger buns, sandwiches, or smothered in sugar-free syrup as a low carb waffle.
- 1 egg (or just an egg white for a crispier chaffle)
- 1/2 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
Turn waffle maker on or plug it in so that it heats and grease both sides.
In a small bowl, crack an egg then add the 1/2 cup cheddar cheese and stir to combine.* For a crispier chaffle use just the egg white instead of the entire egg.
Pour 1/2 of the batter in the waffle maker and close the top.
Cook for 3-4 minutes or until it reaches desired doneness.
Carefully remove from waffle maker and set aside for 2-3 minutes to give it time to crisp.
Follow the instructions again to make the second chaffle.
This recipe for a traditional chaffle makes fantastic sandwiches.
Variations to the Traditional Chaffle Recipe
- Experiment with different kinds of cheese such as Monterrey Jack, Colby, mozzarella cheese, etc. You could even combine two different kinds of cheese for added flavor.
- Add spices such as garlic powder, Italian seasoning, Everything But the Bagel seasoning, or red pepper flakes to turn it up a notch
- I have found they are best when made with just an egg white instead of the entire egg.
- Add a tsp of coconut flour or a tablespoon of almond flour along with 1/4 tsp baking powder and a pinch of salt.
- Thinly chopped peppers, onions, or jalapenos can add flavor and texture.
- Keep it sugar-free by adding keto-friendly sweeteners like Lakanto Monkfruit or Swerve to make a sweet Chaffle.
Serving: 1g | Calories: 291kcal | Carbohydrates: 1g | Protein: 20g | Fat: 23g | Saturated Fat: 13g | Cholesterol: 223mg | Sodium: 413mg | Potassium: 116mg | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 804IU | Calcium: 432mg | Iron: 1mg