Keto Chocolate Macadamia Nut Bites
Grease a small glass bowl and cover a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
Tear Lily's Creamy Milk Chocolate candy bar into squares and add to the bowl with 1 tbsp coconut oil.
Microwave in 20-second intervals stirring between until the candy bar melts. Make sure to stir each time before heating again. Be careful not to heat too much, or the chocolate will seize.
Once the chocolate is melted and smooth, add the macadamia nuts and stir until they are coated with the melted chocolate.
With a small cookie scoop, make bite-size clusters and place on parchment paper.
Place cookie sheet in fridge until the Keto Chocolate Macadamia Nut Bites set up.
The sugar alcohols in the Lily's Creamy Milk Chocolate Bar are not included in the nutritional information since most subtract to calculate net carbs.
You don't want the chocolate to seize (or to scorch), so it's important to melt it carefully by taking note of the following:
- All utensils and bowls should be dry and free of moisture. Do not use wooden spoons as they may have moisture in them.
- Use a glass bowl that is greased.
- Make sure chocolate is broken into small, equally sized pieces
- Microwave in short intervals and stir in between. Do not cover with a lid as it will cause steam to be trapped, which introduces moisture in the chocolate. The moisture of any kind will cause the chocolate not to melt properly.
- It will begin to get shiny as it melts and will continue to melt after you take it out of the microwave. That is why it is important to microwave in intervals as you don't want to microwave it until it looks smooth as it will overcook. As you stir the chocolate, it will continue to melt and will require less heating.
Serving: 1piece | Calories: 66.14kcal | Carbohydrates: 2.43g | Protein: 0.83g | Fat: 7.18g | Saturated Fat: 1.41g | Sodium: 0.34mg | Potassium: 24.66mg | Fiber: 1.98g | Sugar: 0.31g | Vitamin C: 0.08mg | Calcium: 5.7mg | Iron: 0.25mg