Keto Tuscan Soup Recipe
This Keto Zuppa Toscana Soup Recipe is the ultimate low carb comfort food! Made with sausage, spinach, and veggies, your family will love this hearty, rich, and creamy Italian soup!
Servings: 8 people
- 1 lb Italian sausage
- 3 tbsp butter
- 1/2 onion
- 2 garlic cloves
- 8 oz chopped radishes peeled and chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped grape tomatoes
- 8 oz mushrooms sliced
- 5 cups chicken broth
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1 tsp basil
- 1 tsp parsley
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 3/4 cup sharp cheese
- 4 oz baby spinach
- 1/2 cup crumbled, cooked bacon
In a dutch oven, brown Italian sausage in larger chunks then drain and set aside.
In the same dutch oven, add 3 Tb butter, garlic, onion, mushrooms and tomatoes, and radishes. Sauté for 7 minutes.
Add about ¼ cup of the chicken broth to the pot then deglaze using a wooden spoon to scrape brown bits from the bottom. All the bits that are stuck to the bottom of your pot are flavorful, so don't discard these!
Add the rest of the chicken broth and seasoning, then bring to a boil.
Reduce to medium heat and cook for approx 20-30 minutes with the lid on or until the radishes are tender. Stoves cook differently, so you may need to adjust your cooking time.
Add sausage, heavy whipping cream, and 4 oz spinach to your pot and simmer on low with the lid on for approx 10 minutes.
Add 3/4 cup cheese and 1/2 cup crumbled bacon. Stir until the cheese melts.
The nutritional information provided is based on 8 servings that are divided evenly.
-Soup can be frozen for up 6 weeks in a sealed container.
-Here are some substitutions you can try if you want to swap out an ingredient for something else:
- Use hot Italian sausage if you like spicy foods
- Use small cauliflower florets if you want a chunkier more "potato-like" soup
- Puree cooked cauliflower and add it to your soup to thicken it (see notes below)
- Swap out the pork sausage for ground chicken, turkey or beef
- Feel free to use bone broth, beef broth or veggie broth instead
- Add your own homemade Tuscan seasoning
- Swap out the fresh tomatoes with sun-dried tomatoes
Calories: 491kcal | Carbohydrates: 6g | Protein: 15g | Fat: 46g | Saturated Fat: 24g | Cholesterol: 146mg | Sodium: 1540mg | Potassium: 562mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 2376IU | Vitamin C: 22mg | Calcium: 83mg | Iron: 2mg