Easy Keto Baked Italian Sausage
This Easy Keto Baked Italian Sausage dinner is a delicious and quick recipe you will want to keep. Seared sausage smothered in a marinara sauce and topped with melted mozzarella cheese: everyone will love this low carb, flavor-packed meal!
Servings: 7 people
- 2 packs Italian Sausage (10 Sausages either hot or mild)
- ½ cup water
- 24 or 25.5 oz Low Carb Marinara Sauce (with no added sugar) *see list below of sauce options
- 1 ½ cup mozzarella cheese
- ¼ cup Parmesan Cheese
- ¼ tsp Italian seasonings
- ¼ tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp basil seasoning
- ⅛ pepper
Brown Italian sausage links in a skillet set over medium heat on both sides.
Add ½ cup water and simmer on low with the lid on for 8 min.
Put sausages in a greased 9 x 13 casserole dish.
Pour 24 oz marinara sauce over the top.
Sprinkle 1 ½ cup shredded mozzarella cheese and ¼ cup Parmesan cheese over top of your sausages.
Sprinkle seasoning on top of cheeses.
Bake in a 375°F oven and for 18 minutes, then move to the top rack of the oven for the last 2 minutes. If you like the cheese extra bubbly and browned, you can turn the oven to broil for the last minute but watch closely!
Allow to slightly cool before serving.
The nutritional information provided for this recipe is based on 7 servings divided equally. I used the nutritional information from a 25.5 ounce jar of Lucini Italia Organic Tuscan Marinara Sauce for the calculation.
Low Carb Pizza Sauce Options without any added sugar:
- Rao’s Homemade Marinara Sauce – 4g net carbs per ½ cup
- Rao’s Homemade Tomato Basil Sauce – 3g net carbs per ½ cup
- Lucini Italia Organic Tuscan Marinara Sauce – 3g net carbs per ½ cup
- Lucini Italia Organic Rustic Tomato Basil – 3g net carbs per ½ cup
- Mezzetta Napa Valley Homemade Sauce Marinara – 6g net carbs per ½ cup
- ALDI Simply Selected Premium Marinara - 5g net carbs per ½ cup
Calories: 480kcal | Carbohydrates: 9g | Protein: 8g | Fat: 26g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Cholesterol: 107mg | Sodium: 1290mg | Potassium: 19mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 190IU | Calcium: 194mg | Iron: 2mg