Keto Big Mac Salad Recipe (with Creamy Dressing)
Big macs on a keto diet? Yes! This Keto Big Mac Salad recipe will satisfy those big mac craving any day of the week! Made with seasoned ground beef, fresh veggies, and topped with a deliciously creamy special sauce, I promise you will NOT miss the McDonald's version!
Servings: 4 people
- 1 lb ground beef
- ½ tsp sugar-free ketchup
- ½ tsp mustard
- ½ tsp Worcestershire
- Dash of Braggs Aminos
- ¾ tsp salt
- ½ tsp oregano
- ¼ tsp pepper
- 6 cups romaine lettuce chopped
- ¼ cup purple onion chopped
- ⅓ cup grape tomatoes quartered
- 1 ¼ cup shredded cheddar cheese
- ½ cup dill hamburger pickles chopped
In a medium skillet brown ground beef, then drain off any excess fat.
Add sugar-free ketchup, mustard, ketchup, mustard, Braggs aminos, Worcestershire, salt, pepper, and oregano.
Simmer on low for 2 minutes.
While it is simmering, wash and dry your lettuce, then chop and place it into four bowls.
Add the meat mixture, chopped onions, pickles, and tomatoes to each bowl.
Add the sauce ingredients to a small bowl then stir.
Top each bowl with sauce and enjoy!
*The sugar alcohols from the Besti sweetener are not included in the nutritional information since most subtract to calculate net carbs.
*To prepare this in advance, simmer your burger meat and mix up the sauce a day prior and store it in the fridge. Then, if you prefer it warm, heat the beef mixture in the microwave before topping your lettuce and veggies. Top with your cold burger sauce.
Keto variations you can make to your big mac salad
Although this low carb big mac salad is delicious as is, you can substitute a few ingredients if you prefer. Here are some suggestions that will keep this salad low in carbs but still tasty:
- Swap out the ground beef for ground turkey
- Add other seasonings such as garlic powder, onion powder, or chili powder to your ground meat.
- Use other greens in your salad like spinach, kale, or iceberg lettuce.
- Add sauteed onions to your ground beef mixture.
- Serve your salad in lettuce wedges or as a "lettuce wrap.
- Add avocado or hard-boiled eggs to your salad for more fat and protein.
Calories: 561kcal | Carbohydrates: 6g | Protein: 33g | Fat: 44g | Saturated Fat: 15g | Cholesterol: 123mg | Sodium: 1179mg | Potassium: 633mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 6804IU | Vitamin C: 5mg | Calcium: 302mg | Iron: 4mg