I made this super easy and healthy recipe for my kids a couple of weeks ago and within minutes they had eaten the entire small batch that I had made and asked for more. This time I thought I’d make it in mini muffin cups and it turned out perfectly. You can whip up a batch in just a few minutes, throw it in the freezer, and have a healthy summertime snack ready in no time. Since I don’t particularly love yogurt, I wasn’t sure if I would like it or not, but I loved it! You could add many different kinds of fruit to customize to suite your tastes. Today, I added unsweetened coconut and really liked the added flavor. If my daughter didn’t have tree nut allergies I would have added pecans or almonds as well for a nice added crunch.
I added about a cup of vanilla Greek yogurt, 1/4 cup unsweetened organic coconut, and about 2 cups of fresh strawberries and blueberries. You can add more fruit or yogurt to suite your tastes depending on if you like more yogurt or more fruit. Stir to combine ingredients.
Line mini muffin tins with muffin liners and scoop yogurt and fruit mixture in each. Place mini muffin pan in freezer and allow to freeze for about 30 minutes. Remove muffin cups from muffin pan and store in airtight storage container in freezer. Enjoy!
- 1 Cup Vanilla Greek Yogurt
- 2 Cups fresh strawberries & blueberries
- ¼ cup unsweetened coconut
- Combine all ingredients and stir gently.
- Scoop into mini muffin tins and place muffin pan in freezer for about 30 minutes.
- Remove muffin liners from muffin pan and place fruit and yogurt mixture (in muffin liner) in airtight container in the freezer.