Keto Cauliflower Mac N Cheese (Rich & Creamy)
I never realized how amazing Keto Cauliflower Mac and Cheese could be until I had this! This recipe is super cheesy, creamy, and made without pasta! It is the ultimate comfort food when you're on the keto diet and very low in carbs!
- 2 heads fresh cauliflower (approx 8 cups chopped)
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1 block cream cheese
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 12 oz sharp cheddar cheese, grated
- 4 oz mozzarella cheese, grated
- 4 oz parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 tbsp garlic powder
- 1 tbsp Italian Seasoning
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp parsley
- salt/pepper to taste
Preheat oven to 375°F and grease a 9" x 13" casserole dish.
Wash cauliflower and cut into bite-size florets (so that it resembles the size of mac noodles).
Add 1/4 cup water to a microwave-safe bowl with cauliflower and microwave for 10 minutes, then drain.
In a saucepan, add butter, heavy whipping cream, and garlic over medium heat. Add softened cream cheese and stir with a whisk until thoroughly combined and melted.
Then, add all of your cheeses stirring constantly reserving ¼ cup of the cheddar cheese for topping.
In a large bowl, toss your cheese mixture with your cauliflower until fully coated in the sauce.
Pour it all into a casserole dish.
Top with the ¼ cup reserved cheddar cheese, paprika, Italian seasoning, and parsley.
Bake for 25 minutes. Enjoy!
Other macaroni and cheese add-ins:
- I love adding crumbled bacon on top! It adds incredible flavor and a nice crunch!
- If serving this as a meal, you can add shredded, sliced, or diced chicken to your sauce along with the cauliflower.
- Diced ham would also be a great addition!
- Try adding some pork panko to the top to mimic "breadcrumbs."
- If your cream was too hot when you added your cheese, it could affect the consistency of the cheese.
- Make this ahead of time and store it in the fridge until you are ready to reheat it. It may just take a bit longer to bake since it is colder.
- You can freeze this, but keep in mind that freezing cheeses and cream may affect the consistency and texture of your sauce. I suggest laying a piece of plastic wrap directly over top of your casserole then follow that with tin foil and a lid. Allow to defrost fully in the fridge overnight before baking and put in the oven while preheating so that it heats slowly.
- You can use frozen cauliflower: however, the texture may be different.
Calories: 365kcal | Carbohydrates: 6g | Protein: 15g | Fat: 31g | Saturated Fat: 19g | Cholesterol: 105mg | Sodium: 441mg | Potassium: 382mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 1175IU | Vitamin C: 46.4mg | Calcium: 410mg | Iron: 1mg