While drinking Bulletproof Coffee when following the keto lifestyle isn’t necessary, it is a great way to include healthy fats in your diet and stay full for hours. If you aren’t sure where to start, I’ll explain How to Make Bulletproof Coffee Keto.
How to Make Bulletproof Coffee Keto
I’ve had so many people ask how I make Bulletproof coffee, which is understandable since I had questions at first, too. It sounded so foreign to add fat to coffee. However, if you are following a keto lifestyle, a nice cup of fat-filled coffee in the morning can help you to stay full for hours. I drink Bulletproof Coffee either for breakfast or around lunchtime if I do longer intermittent fasting to break my fast.
Tip: There are many great resources online. Don’t miss my comprehensive How to Get Started with the Keto Diet ebook, where all the resources to get started are compiled in a simple downloadable format without needing to read multiple blog posts.
What you’ll need to make your own Bulletproof Coffee:
- 10 oz of your favorite brewed coffee
- 1 scoop Perfect Keto Collagen Powder— This powder is a clear protein that benefits your hair, skin, nails, joints, and gut. Collagen is the most abundant protein in the human body. Unfortunately, your body loses more collagen than it produces as you age, thus increasing your need for daily supplementation. I started taking collagen after noticing hair loss. It took about 3 months of consistent everyday use before noticing any difference. A couple of months ago, another brand sent me their collagen to try, and within a few weeks, my hair started falling out again. I’m not sure if it was the difference in the collagen I had started using or if it can be attributed to a normal hair cycle. Either way, I discontinued the use of the other brand immediately and went back to Perfect Keto. Since then, the falling out has slowed down significantly, and I’m noticing baby hairs again.
- 1 scoop Perfect Keto Unflavored MCT Oil Powder — This powder contains pure MCT (Medium Chain Triglycerides) to support mental clarity and metabolic function. Research has proven that MCTs are a clean, fast-acting energy source for the body and brain. It supports the following:
- Sustained energy levels, without crashes
- Cognition and mental clarity
- Proper metabolic function
- Proper cellular function.
- Pyure Liquid Sweetener – This is my favorite sweetener for coffee.
- Heavy Whipping Cream – I use about 2 tablespoons, but this amount can be adjusted for personal preference.
Perfect Keto Exclusive Discount –
Perfect Keto has given us an exclusive promo code for any of their products.
15% off with coupon code KASEYTRENUM
Keto Bulletproof Coffee General FAQ:
Blend your coffee, powders, liquid sweetener, and heavy whipping cream. I use this Immersion Blender to mix my coffee to be nice and frothy. My immersion blender is by far my most used kitchen small appliance. I use it every single day. I have also used a small hand whisk on vacation that worked as well, but I prefer mine a little frothy from the immersion blender. Since it’s small and convenient, it’s easier to clean than an entire blender. It can be used for many other things, including smoothies and soups.
How to make Bulletproof Coffee without a Blender
As mentioned previously, I prefer using an immersion blender because it gives me a beautiful frothy texture that makes the coffee more pleasant, in my opinion. However, you can mix it up with a spoon if you don’t want to blend it or invest in a blender. I find that a more rigorous blend helps everything combine well and become smooth. Regardless, it is totally up to your taste and how you want to have your bulletproof coffee!
Does Bulletproof Coffee work without butter?
You may have seen other recipes using butter for their bulletproof coffee. Different people make their bulletproof coffee with varying sources of fat. Coconut oil, MCT oil, and ghee are used in some bulletproof coffee recipes. I’ve tried the butter method, but I prefer heavy whipping cream. It resembles creamer, which is just more suited to my taste. Since I blend my coffee, the cream helps the beverage become frothy. Both butter and heavy whipping cream are excellent fat sources, so try both and figure out what you like best.
When should you drink Bulletproof Coffee?
I highly recommend drinking bulletproof coffee in the morning for the best energy-boosting results. I know that many of us rely on an early cup of coffee in the morning anyway, so this shouldn’t be a problem for my fellow caffeine lovers. Try not to wait until the afternoon to drink your bulletproof coffee, as the effects of the caffeine could keep you up at night. However, caffeine affects everyone differently, so choose the time of day that works best for you!
More Keto 101 Resources:
- What’s the difference between Keto and Low-Carb?
- Intermittent fasting for beginners
- What is Ketosis and what are the signs you’re in it?
- What does it mean to be fat-adapted?
- Leg Cramps on Keto: Causes and Solutions
- What is Ketosis? Ultimate Guide to Ketosis & Ketones
- 5 Health Benefits of a Low Carb Diet Besides Weight Loss
- Salt on Keto Diet: 3 Reasons to Include More