It’s been raining here for the last few days – and it’s just the perfect kind of weather for a hearty bowl of cheesy potato soup! This was the easiest step-by-step little potato soup recipe and it made enough to feed my family of 6 two bowls each, with leftovers for lunch tomorrow! My kids and husband told me it was the BEST soup I’d ever made – I couldn’t believe it was such a big hit! The recipe below is the most basic – but I’ve added some optional extras you can use to make it even BETTER. (Like shredded carrots to give it a little vitamin kick)
Easy Cheesy Potato Soup (8 Simple Ingredients)
- 32 oz Frozen Hasbrown Potatoes
- 4 Cups Chicken Broth You can use Chicken boullion
- 8 oz Velveeta Cubed
- 1/2 Onion Diced
- 1 Can Cream of Chicken
- 1 Can Cream of Mushroom or Celery
- 1 1/2 Cups Milk
- Optional Add-Ins: Minced Garlic Pepper, Shredded cheese, Bacon, Sour Cream, Ritz Crackers
- Saute onion in 1 tbsp of butteron medium -high until transparent. (If you like garlic, add 1/2 tsp in as the onions are finishing up)
- Pour in 4 cups chicken broth or broth made with 4 cubes chicken boullion. Bring to a boil. (Add pepper if you like)
- Add frozen hasbrowns and bring to a boil. (I add 2 shredded carrots now as well)
- Add cream soups and milk and bring to a boil.
- Add velveeta and turn down heat. Stir until melted.
- To serve - Top with shredded cheese, bacon, and sour cream if you like. Serve with Ritz crackers for extra crunch 🙂
*If you’re a big fan of your slow cooker like I am – check out my recipe for Cheesy Potato Chicken Chowder HERE!