My family loves Mexican food. Since we’ve been eating healthy the past two years I’ve tried to find Mexican recipes that are healthy and delicious. This recipe for Fiesta Chicken Soup is one of my family’s favorites. It’s so easy to make, simply throw ingredients in the slow cooker and go about your business. At dinner time you’ll have a delicious recipe that your family will love.
(Here I show you exactly HOW to shred chicken for recipes like this one!)
Slow Cooker Fiesta Chicken Soup Recipe
- 2-3 boneless skinless chicken breasts depending on size I used two large one
- 2 16 oz jars of salsa
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 1 can diced tomatoes with green chilies
- 1 can corn drained (optional)
- 1 can black beans drained
- 1 can chili beans
- 1 packet taco seasoning mix
- 1 packet ranch seasoning mix
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- salt and pepper to taste
- Add chicken to slow cooker.
- Dump all other ingredients on top and cook on low for 8 hours.
- Remove chicken breasts from slow cooker and shred.
- Return shredded chicken to slow cooker.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.