These Bacon Cheese Coconut Flour Biscuits are an excellent snack, breakfast, or special fat bomb treat you will love. While not a traditional biscuit, they are a flavorful treat full of bacon and cheese goodness.
Bacon Cheese Coconut Flour Biscuits
My husband and older kids love my Keto Sausage Ball Recipe. Recently, when they requested that I make a batch for breakfast, I was out of breakfast sausage so I thought I’d try making a batch with crispy bacon instead. I wasn’t sure just how crispy the bacon would stay in the batter, but I was hopeful, so I gave it a try.
The resulting bacon cheese coconut flour biscuits turned out delicious with a crispy outside and a cheesy bacon-y (is that even a word) inside, which is the perfect combination for a delightful breakfast. I know that many people get tired of plain eggs when following a Keto or Low Carb lifestyle, so these different coconut flour biscuits are a fabulous alternative, and they freeze and reheat well.
Scroll down towards the bottom of the post for the printable recipe page.
Sometimes I am asked if a recipe can be made using almond flour instead. While I am sure it would work well for most, we have nut allergies in our home and do not experiment with those flours. However, after doing a little research, I found that 1/4 coconut flour is generally equivalent to 1 cup of almond flour. It is not an exact science, and you may need to make other adjustments.
Tip for grating cheese
Remember to use a block of cheese and shred or grate yourself for the best results. Many pre-shredded kinds of cheese contain powder flour fillers that add carbs. Here is a quick tip for grating cheese, pop it in the freezer first, so it doesn’t melt while you are trying to grate it.
Using a cookie dough scooper is a great way to make these easy bacon cheese coconut flour biscuits. They come out easily, and you don’t have to worry about the mess on your hands.
Directions for Cheesy Bacon Coconut Flour Biscuits
Low Carb Cheesy Bacon Bites
- 1 lb bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 4 1/2 tbsp melted butter, cooled
- 1/3 cup coconut flour
- 1 oz cream cheese, softened
- 4 eggs
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 cups sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees and cover cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- Combine melted butter (I cool mine by popping the bowl in the fridge for a few minutes), eggs, salt, and softened cream cheese then whisk together.
- Add coconut flour and baking powder to the mixture and stir until combined.
- Add crumbled bacon and cheddar cheese then stir until mixed well.
- Cool batter in the fridge for 20 minutes then drop batter by tightly packed spoonfuls or a small cookie scoop on parchment paper on cookie sheet. I made 40.
- Bake for 14-16 minutes or until tops are slightly brown.
- Allow to cool slightly on paper towels.
More Keto Recipes
These cheesy bacon coconut flour biscuits freeze and rewarm nicely. While many just pop them in the microwave, I have found that they are best reheated in the air fryer or in the oven wrapped in aluminum foil. If you love these, then I know you’ll love all of our recipes. Check out the links below for more delicious breakfast options!
- Low Carb Breakfast Ideas That Aren’t Eggs
- Mixed Berry Muffins
- Lemon Poppy Seed Muffins
- Low Carb Breakfast Cheesy Egg Bacon Casserole
- 20 Perfect Keto Breakfast Recipes
- Keto Breakfast Casserole with Sausage