These Keto Cheese Biscuits with Bacon are so amazing! They’re super easy to make and are the perfect breakfast or snack! You are sure to love this simple keto breakfast recipe!
Keto Cheese Biscuits with Bacon
My husband and kids love my Keto Sausage Ball Recipe, so I thought I would mix it up and use bacon instead! The bacon stayed crispy, and this recipe was super easy to make! You are going to love these perfect keto cheese biscuits with crispy bacon.
- Bacon– I used traditional pork bacon, but turkey bacon can also be used for this recipe.
- Butter– When melting the butter, I simply heat it in the microwave.
- Coconut Flour– A popular alternative to regular flour. Coconut flour is relatively low in carbs while high in fiber and protein. Despite its name, coconut flour is also not a nut, therefore perfect for those with nut allergies.
- cream cheese– Adding cream cheese to your batter helps create a fluffy and tender biscuit.
- Eggs– Helps to bind and hold together these coconut flour biscuits.
- Baking Powder– The key ingredient to help your biscuits rise.
- Salt– Just a dash to enhance the flavor.
- Sharp Cheddar Cheese– I would avoid using pre-shredded cheese when choosing your sharp cheddar cheese. Pre-shredded cheese contains additives that often increase the number of carbohydrates. Stick to buying a block of cheddar cheese and grating it yourself with a cheese grater.
Step 1: Preheat the oven to 375 degrees and cover the cookie sheet with parchment paper. Next, melt butter in a microwave-safe mixing or glass bowl.
Step 2: Combine melted butter (I cool mine by popping the bowl in the fridge for a few minutes), eggs, salt, and softened cream cheese, then whisk together.
Step 3: Add coconut flour and baking powder to the mixture and stir until barely combined.
Step 4: Add crumbled bacon and cheddar cheese, then stir until mixed well. For the best results, use a block of cheese and grate yourself. Many pre-shredded kinds of cheese contain powdered flour filler that adds carbs to the recipe.
Before grating the cheese, pop it into the freezer so that it doesn’t melt in your hands as you grate.
Step 5: Cool the batter in the fridge for 20 minutes, then drop tightly packed spoonfuls on parchment paper on a cookie sheet. I made was able to make 40.
Step 6: Bake for 14-16 minutes or until the tops are slightly brown. Allow biscuits to cool slightly on a paper towel before serving.
How Can I Make Perfectly Shaped Keto Cheese Biscuits?
Using a cookie dough scooper is a great way to make these easy keto cheese biscuits with bacon. They come out easily, and you don’t have to worry about the mess on your hands.
Line a muffin pan with cupcake tins for perfect biscuits that are easy to transport. I like to use these parchment paper muffin liners.
Can I Use Almond Flour for this Keto Biscuit Recipe?
While I am sure it would work well for most, we have nut allergies in our home and do not experiment with almond flour.
Almond flour and coconut flour can’t be substituted 1:1. It is not an exact science; however, usually, you use 4x more almond flour than coconut flour. For example, this cheesy bacon coconut flour biscuit recipe requires ⅓ cup of coconut flour. Therefore you will need 1 ⅓ cup of almond flour to substitute properly.
It may need some experimentation, but if you test this biscuit recipe out with almond flour, let me know in the comment section.
HOW DO I STORE CHEESY BACON COCONUT FLOUR BISCUITS?
These coconut flour biscuits can easily be stored for short or long periods. For short-term storage, place cooked biscuits into a covered container and store them in the refrigerator for up to a week. If you want to keep for longer, store individually wrapped biscuits for 3 to 6 months in the freezer.
How Do I Reheat Keto Cheese Biscuits with Bacon?
Place the keto biscuits in a microwave-safe container and warm for 30 seconds; next, place them in the toaster with a little bit of butter on the top and toast until a bit crispy. You can always forgo toasting the biscuits; however, they will be soggy.
More Keto Breakfast Ideas:
- Keto Sausage Balls Recipe
- Keto Egg Cups with Bacon & Cheese
- Keto Breakfast Casserole
- Keto Breakfast Sandwich Recipe
- Breakfast Stuffed Peppers
Low Carb Cheesy Bacon Bites
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees and cover cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- Combine melted butter (I cool mine by popping the bowl in the fridge for a few minutes), eggs, salt, and softened cream cheese then whisk together.
- Add coconut flour and baking powder to the mixture and stir until combined.
- Add crumbled bacon and cheddar cheese then stir until mixed well.
- Cool batter in the fridge for 20 minutes then drop batter by tightly packed spoonfuls or a small cookie scoop on parchment paper on cookie sheet. I made 40.
- Bake for 14-16 minutes or until tops are slightly brown.
- Allow to cool slightly on paper towels.