Have you ever wondered how My Coke Rewards works, and if it’s worth the time and effort?
I know I have – and I was so happy when one of our favorite readers and contributers “Deal Detective Kim” offered to write an honest review of her experience using the My Coke Rewards program! She just about has me convinced with just these 2 points alone:
- Free Six Flag Tickets
- You can Text your codes!
Interested yet? Check out what else Kim had to say:
I’ll be honest–for a long time, I didn’t think the My Coke Rewards program was worth the trouble. When I found out that my boyfriend’s brother & his family participated, I started saving my lids and 12-pack ends for them. (When I started the program myself, I realized just how many points I’d given away. It was staggering.)
One day, I was entering Kellogg’s Family Rewards codes, and I had an epiphany–it was the same thing. Seriously, why was I working so hard on one program and not another one, whose products I actually used more? So I signed up, and quickly started racking up points.
- You sign up for free here: http://www.mycokerewards.com
- Enter codes from inside bottle caps and multi-packs
- Then redeem points for merchandise or tickets.
If you’re the really patient, organized sort, you can hang on to some of your codes; occasionally they offer double points on certain product types. The week we were in Atlanta, it was Diet Coke. Fortunately for me, I had brought several 12-packs in the trunk of the car, and I got a lot of points early on to get me stoked about the program.
- Bottle caps are 3 points
- 12 pack ends are 10 points
- You are limited to 120 base points per week – Bonus Points aren’t included int he 120
- Occasionally they offer Double Points – watch the website for those promos (when they are offering double points, you can enter 12 of the 12 pack codes and score 240 points!)
- A huge variety of magazine subscriptions, starting at just 133 points. (A friend told me she hasn’t paid for magazines since joining the program, she gets free magazine subscriptions all the time. These also make a great gift for any occasion.)
- There are t-shirts and caps with various Coke product logos for 550 points. Great gift idea for teens!
- There are also some e-gift cards, such as a Game Stop $20 for 1425 points.
- Coupons for a free 20 oz. Coke drink, 1 liter Fuze tea or 32 oz. Powerade are 40 points. These would be great to keep in the car for those days when you’re out running around, want a cold drink, and don’t have any cash handy.
- Coupons for a free 12-pack of Coke products are 250 points. (Deal idea: If you can score 3 of those, every once in awhile one of the grocery stores will have a buy 3, get 1 free promotion on Coke products!)