Pizza is one of my all-time favorite foods. However, since we started following a keto/low carb lifestyle it just isn’t in the eating plan. I’ve found several different options that help satisfy my pizza cravings like these zucchini pizza bites, Pizza Casserole, and 90-Second Personal Pan Pizza. They all taste different and easily satisfy my cravings. This recipe for Zucchini Pizza Bites is a fabulous alternative that is super easy and quick to make.
Zucchini Pizza Bites
- 2 large zucchini cut into 1/4-inch thick rounds
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 1/4 cup low carb marinara sauce
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella
- 1/4 cup mini pepperoni pieces optional
- Italian seasoning for sprinkling
- salt and freshly cracked pepper
- Lightly mist both sides of zucchini rounds lightly with olive oil.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Broil or grill the zucchini rounds (I used a grill pan set to medium-high) for 2 minutes on each side.
- Place cooked zucchini rounds on a large lined baking sheet.
- Top with small amounts of sauce, cheese, and pepperoni pieces. (Optional).
- Broil on low for 1-3 minutes, or until cheese is melted.
- Sprinkle with Italian seasoning and serve warm.