I’ve tried several different pizza crusts and have yet to find one that I love. Most aren’t very sturdy and have to be eaten with a fork. Normally when I’m craving pizza I make a Pizza Casserole, which is a fabulous crustless alternative. However, today at lunch I really wanted pizza and didn’t want to make a big family sized pizza casserole. As I was thinking about the different kids of keto approved breads I’ve made, my 90 Second Bread that Actually Tastes Good Recipe came to mind. I thought that surely I could tweak the recipe to turn it into a personal pan pizza. Plus, it would have a crust that was much sturdier than those I’ve tried making thus far. I know a lot of people really love cauliflower pizza crust, but I am not one of them. I’ve tried to make it several times and my entire family hates it. I was so excited when I took my first bite this 90 Second Pizza because it was delish! I can actually hold it and don’t have to eat it with a fork. I’m not going to tell you it was EXACTLY LIKE or BETTER THAN my favorite pan pizza, but I will say it was a really really good alternative! Like, it was REALLY GOOD!
I love how versatile 90 second bread is! You’ll also want to check out 90 Second French Toast.
- 1 tablespoon coconut flour
- 1¼ tablespoon butter, melted
- 1 egg white
- 1 teaspoon cream cheese, softened
- ¼ teaspoon baking powder
- 1 tablespoon mozzarella, grated
- 1 tablespoon of Marinara sauce (lowest carb version is Rao's)
- ⅓ cup Mozzarella cheese
- favorite pizza toppings
- sprinkle of Italian seasoning
- Melt butter in a ceramic or glass bowl. (mine was about 6 inches)
- Add the rest of the ingredients and whisk together until combined.
- Cook in microwave for 90 seconds.
- Remove from the microwave and allow to cool for a minute or two..
- Heat 1 tablespoon of butter in an oven proof skillet and cook 90-Second Bread on each side until crisp.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Add 1 tablespoon of sauce to the top of the 90 second bread.
- Top with ⅓ cup Mozzarella Cheese
- Add favorite toppings. My favorite pizza topping is ground beef. I added it under the cheese so that it wouldn't burn when I put the pizza in the oven.
- Sprinkle a little Italian Seasoning on top.
- Place oven safe skillet on top shelf of oven and bake until cheese is melted (approx. 5-8 minutes).
- If you don't have an oven safe skillet, place pizza on parchment paper on a cookie sheet and bake.
Nutritional Info based on MyFitnessPal app -Calories 325, Fat 26.4, Protein 15, Carbs 6.1 – Fiber 2.6 = 3.5 Net Carbs
You can find more keto friendly / low carb recipes here.