The Best Keto Crustless Quiche Recipe with Bacon & Cheese is super easy to make because it is crustless. This low-carb quiche is just right for a special breakfast or great for starting any morning with a warm, inviting dish. It is a delicious recipe filled to the brim with cheese and bacon, making it the perfect keto breakfast.
Keto Crustless Quiche Recipe with Bacon & Cheese
If your mornings are anything like mine, you are always looking for easy breakfast recipes that can be made ahead. It seems as soon as my kids’ feet hit the floor in the morning, they are saying they’re hungry and want breakfast. Because this keto quiche recipe can be made ahead and even frozen, it helps put a calm on this busy mom’s morning.
This quick, easy crustless recipe is my new favorite way to make a quiche. I love it with just cheese and bacon, but you may be more adventurous and want to add other ingredients to yours. Not a bacon fan (I can’t imagine!)? Simply switch out the bacon for sausage or leftover ham. You can add yummy veggies like bell peppers, onion, mushrooms, spinach, etc. The versatility of this recipe is endless!
Is Quiche Keto?
Omitting the pastry saves loads of time and carbs. Baking this quiche without a regular pie crust and including low-carb ingredients makes it an excellent keto low-carb recipe, with only one carb per serving. The nutritional information on this recipe can be found at the bottom of the recipe card.
Is a Frittata the Same as a Crustless Quiche?
Basically, yes. A frittata is similar to a large omelet or crustless quiche and is great if you are following a low-carb keto diet. A frittata is mostly eggs with little to no milk or heavy cream. It is first started on the stove top, like an omelet, but then finished in the oven.
It is simple to throw together the few ingredients this recipe calls for, then pop it in the oven. You can have a filling and delicious keto breakfast on the table in around a half-hour. You can also make this quiche ahead to make your morning even easier.
Do You Pre-Cook Bacon for Quiche?
Yes! The bacon tastes much better and is crispier when it is pre-cooked. And, as you know, bacon makes everything better!
Tip: When I get home from the grocery, I make several pounds of bacon by baking it in the oven so that I have it on hand when I need it for recipes like this.
Instead of a pie plate, I used a 10.25 inch cast iron skillet. I coated the inside of my skillet with left-over bacon grease before adding the ingredients.
I love my cast iron skillets. They saute. They fry. They bake. A properly-seasoned cast iron skillet has a natural nonstick coating and, when properly cared for, will last for generations. I still use my grandmother’s skillets and plan on passing them down to my daughters. A good set of pans can be quite expensive, but cast iron skillets are still very affordable.
How Do I Know the Keto Quiche Recipe is Done?
I preheat my oven to 350 degrees and the baking time of this keto quiche is 22 minutes. If you’re new at making quiches, I’m sure you wonder how you will know when it is done. If the quiche jiggles a lot in the middle, it is not done yet. The quiche is perfect when the edges are set, and there is still a little jiggle in the center of it before you take it out of the oven. If you bake the quiche until it’s fully set, it may get a bit rubbery.
Variations to Crustless Quiche Recipe:
- Change out the meat to sausage or leftover ham
- Add veggies like bell peppers, onion, mushrooms, spinach, etc. (I would suggest precooking veggies to make sure any fillings added are as dry as possible.)
- Add seasoning like garlic powder or onion powder
- Add an ounce of softened cream cheese to the egg mixture before baking
- Use muffin tins instead of a pie plate
This delectable, low-carb quiche is so delicious that it could become a Christmas morning breakfast tradition. If your family already has a holiday breakfast tradition, how about making this keto recipe another time during the holidays? But, who wants to wait until Christmas to enjoy this scrumptious dish? I think it will become a year-round tradition at my house!
How to reheat Crustless Keto Quiche?
Crustless Keto Quiche reheats well. Cover the entire dish with foil, so it doesn’t burn and reheat in a 350-degree oven for 20 minutes. You can reheat individual slices in the microwave or covered with foil in the oven.
How Long Can I Keep Low Carb Quiche?
Quiche will stay fresh in the fridge for three to four days. Any quiche can be frozen after it has been baked and will keep in the freezer for three to four months.
More Keto Breakfast Recipes:
- Very Best Keto Waffles
- Keto Sausage Balls
- Low Carb Breakfast Ideas that Aren’t Eggs
- Easy Chaffle with Keto Sausage Gravy Recipe
- Ham and Egg Cups
How to Make this Keto Crustless Quiche Recipe with Bacon & Cheese
Keto Quiche Recipe with Bacon & Cheese
- 6 eggs
- ⅔ cup heavy whipping cream
- 6 pieces of bacon cooked and crumbled
- 1 ½ cup Colby Jack Cheese, grated
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1 tbsp bacon grease reserved from cooking the bacon (optional to grease skillet)
- In a bowl, crack 6 eggs then add 4 pieces of crumbled bacon, ⅔ cup heavy whipping cream, 1 cup of the cheese, and salt/pepper.
- Whisk well to incorporate air into the egg mixture to make it light and fluffy. You can also an immersion blender.
- Grease cast iron skillet if needed. I one tbsp bacon grease reserved from cooking the bacon. Pour egg mixture into cast iron skillet.
- Bake for 19 minutes then remove from oven and and sprinkle 1/2 cup of cheese and 2 pieces of crumbled bacon on top.
- Place in oven on top rack for 1-2 more minutes until the cheese begins to melt.