Sometimes you just want a recipe for an easy and delicious low carb pizza that you can make quickly. This easy Mini Keto Pizza Recipe with a crispy crust is a perfect substitute for pizza cravings. Delicious, low carb, and easy to make means this is a favorite in our house.
Mini Keto Pizza Recipe
I’ve tried several different pizza crusts and have yet to find one that I love. Most aren’t very sturdy and have to be eaten with a fork. Usually, when I’m craving pizza, I make a Keto Pizza Casserole, which is a fabulous crustless alternative. However, today at lunch I wanted pizza and didn’t want to make a big family sized pizza casserole.
As I was thinking about the different kinds of keto approved bread I’ve made, my 90 Second Bread that Tastes Good Recipe came to mind. I thought that surely I could tweak that recipe to turn it into mini keto pizza. I know a lot of people love cauliflower pizza crust, but I am not one of them. I’ve tried to make it several times, and my entire family hates it. I was so excited when I took my first bite of this mini keto pizza because it was delish! I can hold the crust and without having to eat it with a fork.
I’m not going to tell you it was EXACTLY LIKE or BETTER THAN my favorite pan pizza, but I will say it was a really good alternative!
I love how versatile 90-second bread is! You’ll also want to check out 90 Second French Toast.
I start with a 6-inch pyrex glass dish to make the crust for the keto pan pizza. I have had this set of Pyrex glass storage containers for over 22 years, and they are still in great shape. The middle sized one is the one I use for this recipe.
Tip: Make sure your cream cheese is softened, and butter is melted but not hot before adding the rest of the ingredients.
Tips for Making Keto Pizza:
After you microwave the keto pizza crust, it will be very soft and spongey. The key to getting a very sturdy crust is to brown both sides of the crust in butter using a hot cast skillet. I prefer to use a cast iron skillet, but if you don’t have one, a regular skillet will work. I would suggest an oven-safe skillet so that you can pop it in the oven to melt the cheese. Don’t skip this step or you will be disappointed in the outcome.
Once both sides are nice and browned add low carb tomato sauce. My favorite varieties are Rao’s and Mezzetta’s since they don’t contain any added sugar. I have found them both available at my local Walmart.
This 3-piece cast iron skillet is an excellent value with a 6″, 8″, and 10″ for variety. I love cast iron because they last forever unlike many other skillets I’ve tried that have to be replaced almost yearly.
At this point, you can personalize the personal pan keto pizza with your favorite toppings such as pepperoni, ham, bacon, sausage, mushrooms, peppers, onions, olives, etc.
As long as your skillet is oven safe, the last step is to pop it in the oven so all of the cheesy goodness can melt into the pizza and the toppings can bake. You can slice the pepperonis in quarters to cover more of the surface area of the pizza if you are a pepperoni lover like my hubby and kids. I also like to add ground beef, bacon, and ham to make it taste like meat lovers pizza, but for simplicity, I often stick with pepperoni.
Yum! I can’t tell you how happy I was when I pulled this out of the oven. Pizza is one of my very favorite foods, but after trying several recipes for pizza crusts that turned out like wet paper towels, I was ready to give up. This low carb pizza crust turned out nice and sturdy.
Add a little Italian seasoning and fresh basil, and you’ve got a keto pizza that looks like it is from your favorite pizza restaurant.
A low carb golden pizza crust, piping hot melted mozzarella cheese along with your favorite toppings and tomato sauce make the very best keto pizza. I especially love that everyone can make their own low carb pizza with their favorite toppings. It’s easy to make, and there isn’t one ounce of cauliflower in this recipe, which makes my kids happy.
Mini Keto Pizza Recipe (with a crispy crust)
For the Bread:
- 1 tablespoon coconut flour
- 1¼ tablespoon butter melted
- 1 egg white
- 1 teaspoon cream cheese softened
- ¼ teaspoon baking powder
- 1 tablespoon mozzarella grated
For the Pizza:
- 1 tablespoon of Marinara sauce lowest carb version is Rao's
- 1/3 cup Mozzarella cheese
- favorite pizza toppings
- sprinkle of Italian seasoning
For the Bread:
- Melt butter in a ceramic or glass bowl. (mine was about 6 inches)
- Add the rest of the ingredients and whisk together until combined.
- Cook in microwave for 90 seconds.
- Remove from the microwave and allow to cool for a minute or two..
- Heat 1 tablespoon of butter in an oven proof skillet and cook 90-Second Bread on each side until crisp.
For the Pizza:
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Add 1 tablespoon of sauce to the top of the 90 second bread.
- Top with 1/3 cup Mozzarella Cheese
- Add favorite toppings. My favorite pizza topping is ground beef. I added it under the cheese so that it wouldn't burn when I put the pizza in the oven.
- Sprinkle a little Italian Seasoning on top.
- Place oven safe skillet on top shelf of oven and bake until cheese is melted (approx. 5-8 minutes).
- If you don't have an oven safe skillet, place pizza on parchment paper on a cookie sheet and bake.
More Keto Friendly Recipes
Check out my Keto Recipe Index for tons of ideas, or begin by checking out some of our favorites listed below!
- Creamy Cheesy Keto Chicken Casserole with Bacon
- Slow Cooker Low Carb Pot Roast Recipe
- Keto Mozzarella Stuffed BBQ Meatballs
- Keto Low Carb Taco Cups