Are you struggling to figure out the Keto diet? Do you find conflicting information? This Keto Diet for Dummies: Best Keto Resources curates links to the best information online from keto diet foods, keto blogs, keto cookbooks, keto meal plans, and more in one place for your convenience.
Keto Diet for Dummies: Best Keto Resources
New to the Keto diet? Not sure where to start or confused by all the information? I get it. I’ve been in that same place before when I first started. I didn’t know what information to trust. After following the ketogenic lifestyle for over two years, I’ve read countless blog posts, resources, books, etc., and have included links to my best keto resources below. It’s like the Keto Diet for Dummies (except no one is calling anyone a dummy).
Make sure to check out Keto 101: Keto for Beginners
How do I Get Started on Keto?
Start with research so that you can have a clear understanding. You will need to change your way of eating and reduce carb intake. When in ketosis, a metabolic state, your body will go from burning carbs for energy to burning fat for energy. A keto eating plan means high fat, moderate protein intake, and low total carbs.
For some, the keto diet is short-term to get rid of a few pesky pounds, while others stick to it long-term as a total lifestyle change as there are significant health benefits besides weight loss. Some people experience more controlled blood sugar readings for type 2 Diabetes, less inflammation, and more.
Find over 100 FREE Keto Meal Plans to help you get started in one place.
Tip: Don’t miss my comprehensive How to Get Started with the Keto Diet ebook, where all the resources to get started are compiled in a simple downloadable format without needing to read multiple blog posts.
What are the Basic Rules of the Keto Diet?
The keto diet for dummies, in a nutshell, is what I listed above. The largest part of your diet will come from healthy fats like olive oil, MCT oil, coconut oil, or butter. Next, a moderate amount of protein from healthy meats and eggs. Finally, very few carbs from low-carb vegetables. I highly recommend watching The Magic Pill to glimpse the health benefits. It is available on Netflix and Amazon.
How Much Should I Eat on a Ketogenic Diet?
The macros breakdown as 75% fat, 20% protein, and 5% carbs.
How Long Does It Take to Start Losing Weight on Keto?
While most people notice an initial weight loss, water weight, each person’s weight loss will vary. Many variables affect weight loss, such as starting weight, overall health, medical conditions, how much you stick to the keto diet, etc. In this post for keto for dummies, you’ll find the best keto resources to help you make the most informed choices for your health.
Best Keto Cookbooks:
Keto Diet for Dummies: Books to check out
Amazon is an excellent place for those looking for keto for dummies resources. There are so many books out that explain the Keto diet. Keto books with great reviews are as follows:
- The Keto Diet: The Complete Guide to a High-Fat Diet, with More Than 125 Delectable Recipes and 5 Meal Plans to Shed Weight, Heal Your Body, and Regain Confidence
- The Complete Ketogenic Diet for Beginners: Your Essential Guide to Living the Keto Lifestyle
- Keto Answers
- The Wholesome Yum Easy Keto Cookbook: 100 Simple Low Carb Recipes 10 Ingredients or Less
Best Blogs for Keto Resources
There are a ton of blogs out there that promote the Keto diet. Which blogs are worth checking out?
- I post tons of recipes and other helpful articles. You can access my Keto/Low Carb Recipe index here.
- My friend, Lauren, at MidgetMomma, posts fantastic Keto recipes.
- Other blogs worth checking out for more Keto recipes are Butter Together Kitchen, Low Carb Nomad, How to This and That, Keto Connect, Joy-Filled Eats, I Breathe I’m Hungry, Low Carb Maven, Wholesome Yum, RuledMe, All Day I Dream About Food, ISaveA2Z, and Ditch the Carbs.
Websites for Keto Resources
- Ruled Me – Includes a comprehensive guide to getting started with tons of resources.
- Charlie Foundation – It’s impressive what diseases the Keto diet can cure!
- Healthful Pursuit – She has a great YouTube Channel and Podcasts as well.
- Nutrition Advance – Great beginner guide to getting started
- Diet Doctor – Keto & Low Carb Made Simple
YouTube Channels to Follow for Basic Keto Diet for Dummies
- Dr. Kent Berry – Dr. Berry is one of my favorite resources, with tons of videos on many aspects of the Keto Diet.
- Butter Bob lays it all out in the most simple terms that anyone can understand.
- Dr. Eric Berg – He has many videos and offers comprehensive information
- Healthful Pursuit – Leeanne Vogul was one of my favorite resources when I got started.
Best Instagram Accounts to Follow for Keto Inspiration
When you start with Keto, it’s nice to follow other people who get it. You will find recipes and inspiration from these Instagrammers that follow the Keto diet. Happy Keto inspiration.
- Me! Kasey Trenum Blogger
- All Out Keto
- Healthful Pursuit
- Ketogenic Kitchen
- Keto Diet App
- Low Carb Yum
When first getting started, the keto diet feels like an entirely different world, and there is so much info it can be confusing. When trying to find your way, it’s best to find a list of resources and check them out, like the list above. I always say it is important to do the research yourself and not just listen to what other people tell you to be your best health advocate.
Keto for Dummies: Best Keto Recipes
You can always find all my keto-friendly recipes in my keto recipe index! I can’t wait to show you more recipes that fit the Keto lifestyle. This list of helpful resources for keto for dummies should be a great way to get started and point you in the right direction.
Helpful Links for Keto Diet for Dummies:
- If you think you might be dealing with a weight-loss stall, check out these 10 reasons that may be causing a stall.
- Here is an Amazon Keto List for many items you won’t find at your local grocery store and fun snacks.
- Don’t miss this free printable of the Very Best Basic Keto/Low Carb Grocery List.
- Looking for ways to save money? Check out these 10 easy tips for eating Keto on a budget.
- Don’t miss these keto/low-carb snacks to help you stay on track.
- Intermittent Fasting for Beginners: Everything You Need to Get Started
- Salt on Keto Diet: 3 Reasons to Include More
- Leg Cramps on Keto: Causes and Solutions