This Chocolate Chip Chaffle Keto recipe is quick and easy to make. Full of low carb chocolate chips, it has just enough chocolate goodness to satisfy cravings when you need an easy keto dessert while following the ketogenic diet.
Chocolate Chip Chaffle Dessert Recipe
As I had mentioned before, the Keto Chaffle has taken the keto world by storm recently. You’ll find variations of recipes all over keto facebook groups that include both sweet and savory options. Some keto chaffle recipes are made with just cheese and eggs, while other recipes have ventured to other ingredients and combinations. This Chocolate Chip Chaffle keto recipe is made with just a few ingredients. I tested it several times to get it just right. Topped with a little sugar-free whipped topping, it makes a delicious keto low carb dessert.
What is a Chaffle?
The original recipe is simply eggs and cheese, which is basically a cheese waffle. But, since the chaffle was introduced it has blossomed into many different recipes that are referred to as a chaffle regardless of the ingredients. It seems that most savory chaffle recipes use cheddar shredded cheese while the dessert chaffle recipes use mozzarella cheese instead due to the mild flavor or other ingredients instead of cheese.
What kitchen appliance do I need for this Chocolate Chip Chaffle Keto Recipe?
Dash mini waffle makers have gone viral alongside the chaffle recipe. This mini waffle iron makes perfect 4-inch waffles and they are quite affordable. I love that they don’t take up a lot of space in my kitchen and can easily be stored in the cabinet. I don’t like a lot of fussy appliances that take up counter or cabinet space so this keto waffle maker for chaffles is perfect.
Most recipes you find for Chaffles, whether sweet or savory, make two four-inch chaffles.
For those of you who would prefer to make several at once for later, or have a big family like me, this waffle maker may be a better choice as you can make four 3-inch chaffles at once time.
Where Can I buy the Dash Mini Waffle Maker?
Amazon has several different Dash mini waffle makers available in various colors. Of course, you could look for one in stores such as TJMaxx, Kohl’s, Target, or Walmart but I’ve read that many are sold out.
Start out with a small bowl for this chaffle keto recipe. You’ll add all of the ingredients and then combine well. I’ve read that some people use an immersion blender or a magic bullet to mix all of the ingredients. This chocolate chip chaffle keto recipe makes two chaffles. If you try to use all of the batter for one, the batter will drip out of the waffle maker everywhere.
I use sugar-free Lily’s chocolate, which is considered approved keto chocolate for the keto diet. Lily’s chocolate chips are sweetened with stevia.
Tip: Instead of mixing the chocolate chips in the keto chaffle batter, I sprinkled them on top so that they wouldn’t all sink to the bottom.
The baking powder in the Chocolate Chip Chaffles keto recipe helps the chaffles to puff up so that they are less dense. I cook mine for 3-4 minutes until they are golden brown. Otherwise, they will stick to the waffle maker a bit. After you remove it from the waffle maker, set aside for a few minutes as they will crisp as they cool down.
You could enjoy this Chocolate Chip Chaffle keto recipe with sugar-free whipped topping or with sugar-free maple syrup if desired.
Are Keto Chaffles Gluten-Free?
As a mom of a child with severe food allergies, I always advise each person to check the ingredients and labels of the exact ingredients you use in your kitchen. While the ingredients would be gluten-free in theory, it is always best to double-check for yourself.
Can I Freeze Chocolate Chip Keto Dessert Chaffles?
Yes, they can be frozen in a freezer-safe container or wrapped individually. I would suggest rewarming in the oven wrapped in aluminum foil or an air fryer as they won’t be crispy otherwise.
Variations to this recipe:
- Add a tsp of cream cheese to the batter for added flavor
- Swap out coconut flour for almond flour. Coconut flour and almond flour are not a 1:1 substitution. Generally, the substitution is 1 part coconut flour to 4 parts almond flour, but I have read that in this recipe it is closer to 1:3.
- Swerve can be used instead of Lakanto Monkfruit, and the measurement is the same.
More Chaffle Keto Recipes:
- Highly Popular Traditional Keto Chaffle Recipe
- The Very Best Pizza Chaffle Recipe
- Maple Pumpkin Chaffle Keto Recipe
- Taco Chaffle Recipe
- Blueberry Keto Chaffle with almond flour
- Mini Keto Pizza with Chaffle Pizza Crust
- Keto Chaffle Breakfast Sandwich with almond flour
How to Make Chocolate Chip Chaffle Keto Recipe:
Keto Chocolate Chip Chaffle Keto Recipe
- Turn on the waffle maker so that it heats up.
- In a small bowl, combine all ingredients except the chocolate chips and stir well until combined.
- Grease waffle maker, then pour half of the batter onto the bottom plate of the waffle maker. Sprinkle a few chocolate chips on top and then close.
- Cook for 3-4 minutes or until the chocolate chip chaffle dessert is golden brown then remove from waffle maker with a fork, being careful not to burn your fingers.
- Repeat with the rest of the batter.
- Let chaffle sit for a few minutes so that it begins to crisp. If desired serve with sugar-free whipped topping.