The BEST Keto snacks on the go and for traveling – these low carb ideas make it easy to grab a quick bite anywhere!
The Keto lifestyle can be challenging to maintain if you’re always on the go without a plan. Convenience foods are rarely keto-friendly, and fast food options are generally high-carb without some modifications (hold the bun please), and there isn’t much variety. We could all use some extra keto-approved snack options for times like summer vacation, weekend getaways, running around to kid’s sports, and for those in their cars most of the day. Be encouraged, weight loss is possible if you spend a lot of time on the go or are planning a vacation. Here are some great options for keto snacks on the go!
What Snacks Can I Eat On the Keto Diet?
These travel-friendly keto snacks are high in fat and low in carbs – and all of them travel well! (You may need a cooler bag for some) A good portioning container comes in handy if you do travel often.
- Bacon, cooked in advance
- Beef Jerky
- Homemade Cheese Crisps
- Variety of Cheese Cubes
- Cheese Slices wrapped around celery, pepperoni
- Cheese Sticks
- Cream Cheese & Celery
- Cut-Up Veggies – celery, broccoli, cucumber, radishes cauliflower, etc. dipped in ranch dressing or guacamole
- Dark Chocolate – like Lilys, ChocZero
- Deviled Eggs
- Fat Bombs
- Guacamole To-Go cups (with celery, veggies for dipping)
- Hard Boiled Eggs
- Hard Salami
- Kale Chips
- Nuts – Pecans, Almonds, Peanuts, Macadamia Nuts are best
- Pepperoni Crisps
- Natural Peanut Butter & Pork Rinds
- Natural Peanut Butter or Nut Butter & Celery
- Pork Rinds with Salsa
- Pumpkin Seeds, Sunflower Seeds
- Sugar-free Jello Cups (if you are strict keto you’ll want to avoid due to ingredients)
- Whisps or Moon Cheese
Where to Buy Keto Snacks Online?
I get many of my harder-to-find keto foods on Amazon just for convenience sake. My full Amazon Keto List is here – but I’ve listed a few quick, travel-friendly snacks you might want to purchase before heading out of town below:
- Legendary Foods Keto Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Peanut Butter (they offer other varieties as well)
- Dry Roasted Almonds, Pecans, Walnuts, Macadamia Nuts, Brazil Nuts
- Lily’s Chocolate Chips and Lily’s Candy Bars (When you’re craving sweets on the go, these can be a life-saver!)
- ChocZero Keto Bark
- Moon Cheese
- Olive Packs
- Pork Rinds
- Fat Snax Cookies
- Quest Nutrition Protein Chips
- Pyure Drops *For making bulletproof coffee on the go
One of my favorite quick bites is the single packs of Keto Perfect Keto Nut Butter! I keep these in my purse – they’re very satisfying! Right now you can get 20% OFF for first-time customers with code KASEYTRENUM.
What Keto Snacks Can I Buy At the Store?
You can find the more common keto snacks at the store pretty much everywhere – like pickles, olives, nuts, pork rinds, and even Lily’s chocolate at some stores! Most stores will also have natural peanut butter and almond butter options – my favorite is Smucker’s All Natural Peanut Butter (contains no added sugars).
You can stop by the deli for hard-boiled eggs, guacamole, and nitrate-free lunchmeats. Or grab pepperoni/salami and cheeses for easy snacking in the refrigerated section.
If you’re about to head out on vacation and you just KNOW you’re going to be tempted with sweets and treats at every turn – another option is to hit the candy aisle of your local grocery. There are usually some sugar-free Russel Stover’s bags, Werther’s Sugar-Free, Lifesavers Sugar-Free, and even Hershey’s Sugar-Free candy options. Just be aware that these contain Maltitol, which is a sugar substitute that has a high glycemic index – and therefore can spike your blood sugar. If that doesn’t worry you though, it might help you stay on track to keep a couple tucked away for emergencies. Also, be mindful of how much you enjoy as these kinds of sugar-free treats can often cause tummy troubles.
What Keto Snacks Can You Buy at the Gas Station?
Great question! You would think that it would be nearly impossible to find low carb snack options with healthy fats at a gas station to help you stay on track – but they have several! Here are some gas station goodies to keep an eye out for:
- Giant Pickles
- Meat Sticks and Beef Jerky (Read the backs carefully for carbs – avoid brands with added sugar)
- Cheese Sticks
- Pork Rinds
- Bunless Hot Dog or Sausage from the hot section
- Water Bottle
- Coffee with Heavy Cream if Available
- Powerade Zero if you need a quick electrolyte boost and are okay with the ingredients.
For more Keto Snack Ideas for home and away – check out this post:
Other Keto Shopping Lists:
- Amazon Keto Shopping List
- The Very Best Basic Keto Shopping List
- Walmart Keto Shopping List – Top 16 Keto Items
- Costco Keto Shopping List
- Sam’s Club Keto Shopping List
- ALDI Keto Shopping List
- Target Keto Shopping List
- Ready to Eat Keto Foods at Walmart