Easy Keto Cheesy Garlic Chaffle Bread will satisfy your cravings for an Italian style bread that can be enjoyed as a side or appetizer. The mouthwatering cheesy garlic goodness on a delicious crunchy chaffle come together to make the best keto garlic chaffle bread you’ve ever put in your mouth.
Easy Keto Cheesy Garlic Chaffle Bread
Last week I made one of my kids’ favorite dinners. They love spaghetti, and I appreciate the fact that it is an easy dinner that all of us enjoy, and I can make extra to cover lunch for several days. My kids enjoy their spaghetti meat sauce on noodles, while my husband and I love spaghetti squash. One of the kids mentioned that they would really love it if I’d make garlic bread to go with their spaghetti and I instantly thought of making a keto cheesy garlic chaffle bread.
I knew it wouldn’t be difficult to make as I could start a batch of chaffles while their noodles were cooking. The Keto Cheesy Garlic Chaffle Bread turned out better than I imagined with delicious Italian seasoning and a mouthwatering cheesy garlic topping.
Why is it Called Chaffle Bread?
It seems as if overnight, the chaffle made its way into the keto world in groups all over Facebook, and it is here to stay. A chaffle is a cheese waffle made of eggs and cheese. Since it’s initial debut in the keto low carb world, the chaffle recipe has expanded to include pretty much any combination of ingredients such as shredded cheese, cream cheese, heavy whipping cream, eggs, seasonings, baking powder, keto-friendly sweetener, and other add-ins. Primarily, it is made in the Dash Mini Waffle Makers, but many adjust recipes to use a regular waffle iron or a mini waffle iron of a different brand. Most recipes I’ve seen are also gluten-free, but I would double-check all ingredients first if you have a gluten allergy or sensitivity.
What do I Use to Make Keto Cheesy Garlic Chaffle Bread?
Dash mini waffle makers happen to be the star of the chaffle show, but you could use any waffle maker that you already have. Keep in mind that most chaffle recipes you see online are geared for the Dash Mini Waffle Maker, which makes a 4-inch chaffle, so you may need to adjust the amount of batter you use in a regular waffle iron and the cooking time.
Chaffle recipes usually make two round four-inch waffles. You do have to make one at a time, but in less than ten minutes you are set. Some larger waffle irons may need more time to cook the chaffle properly to get that nice golden brown color.
If you have a big family or want to make several at once, this waffle maker makes four 3 inch waffles at a time. You would need to use a little less batter, bit it would be a huge time saver.
Where Can I buy the Dash Mini Waffle Maker?
Amazon Prime is my friend because products are delivered to my front porch without me having to drag my four kids from store to store. That being said, you may want to check Kohl’s, Walmart, Target, Bed Bath & Beyond, or Sam’s Club to see if you can find it in-store.
This chaffle bread recipe starts by throwing all of the ingredients listed below in the recipe card in a small bowl.
Add just enough batter so that it covers the bottom of the dash mini maker. This recipe makes two chaffles. Do not attempt to pour all of the batter in at once or you will have a mess on your hands.
I doubled the recipe when I made this keto chaffle bread recipe so that my entire family could enjoy it for dinner. While it tasted delicious as is, I knew it could be so much better.
What took it over the top is brushing the tops with a combination of melted butter and garlic then sprinkling mozzarella cheese on top. Then, I popped the Keto Cheesy Garlic Chaffle Bread in the oven to melt the cheese.
Holy smokes, it was delicious!! The cheese was perfectly melted, and the Italian spices and garlic were on point. Feel free to adjust the spices to suit your taste.
How to Serve Cheesy Garlic Chaffle?
Whether you serve the Keto Cheesy Garlic Bread Chaffle as a side to a meal or an appetizer, it is a crowd-pleaser. You can dip the cheesy garlic chaffle keto bread in a no added sugar marinara like Rao’s, Mezzetta’s, or ALDI organic brand. While I am sure there are other low carb sauces, those are the ones that I have personally tried and enjoyed.
Can I Make This Recipe Ahead of Time?
Sure, you can make this ahead of time and store either in the fridge or the freezer. You’ll want to rewarm in a way so that it crisps back up. Otherwise, it will be very soft. You could use a toaster, air fryer, or wrap loosely in foil in the oven to rewarm.
Keto Recipes to Enjoy with Keto Cheesy Garlic Bread Chaffle
More Keto Chaffle Recipes:
- Highly Popular Traditional Keto Chaffle Recipe
- Chocolate Chip Chaffle Keto Recipe
- Pizza Chaffle Keto Recipe
- Keto Pumpkin Keto Waffle Recipe (Chaffle)
- Blueberry Keto Chaffle
- Keto Chaffle Breakfast Sandwich with almond flour
- Mini Keto Pizza with Chaffle Pizza Crust (almond flour)
- Strawberry Shortcake Chaffle Recipe
Cheesy Garlic Chaffle Bread Recipe
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Plug the Dash Mini Waffle Maker in the wall and allow to get hot. Lightly grease waffle maker.
- Combine first 7 ingredients in a small bowl and stir well to combine.
- Spoon half of the batter on the waffle maker and close. Cook for 3-4 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove the chaffle bread carefully from the Dash Mini Waffle Maker, then repeat for the rest of the batter.
- In a small bowl, melt the butter and add garlic powder. Cut each chaffle in half (or thirds) and place on a baking sheet then brush the tops with the garlic butter mixture.
- Top with mozzarella cheese and pop in the oven for 4 -5 minutes.
- Turn oven to broil and move baking pan to the top shelf for 1-2 minutes so that the cheese begins to bubble and turn golden brown. Watch VERY carefully, as it can burn quickly on broil. (I check every 30 seconds)
- Remove from oven and sprinkle basil seasoning on top. Enjoy!