This Healthy Cobb Salad Recipe with Chicken is the perfect way to eat simple ingredients for lunch or dinner. Once you combine the hard-boiled eggs, sliced onion, romaine lettuce, and other healthy salad ingredients, you will enjoy this delicious keto dish. The added Italian seasoning provides the perfect flavor without taking away any of the other tastes.
I love this healthy cobb salad recipe with chicken because it can be thrown together quickly for a delicious low-carb meal. Why spend a ton of time on healthy salad recipes when you don’t have to? Make meal prep easy with this gluten-free cobb salad with chicken!
Ingredients for Classic Cobb Salad
- Chicken breast – I prefer grilled chicken breasts, but any chicken works fine. We usually grill extra food on the weekend to enjoy during the week.
- Hearts of romaine – I prefer using romaine lettuce, but iceberg lettuce could also work.
- Slices of bacon – I love the texture of the added crisp bacon. You can use turkey bacon to reduce fat content if you aren’t eating keto and watching fats.
- Colby cheese – The added cheese gives a great flavor!
- Boiled egg – A boiled egg is perfect for adding more protein.
- Cucumber – A small sliced cucumber adds a great crunch and refreshing flavor.
- Grape tomatoes – Cherry tomatoes would work as well.
- Red onion – A sweet onion is a great flavor addition.
- Seasonings – Add incredible flavor to the salad.
Step 1. Make sure the lettuce is washed and ready to eat, then add to a bowl.
Is romaine lettuce healthier than iceberg lettuce?
Both are great for eating healthy, but romaine lettuce does have more nutrients than iceberg. However, when it comes to carbs, either is a great option. If you’d like to venture out, spring mix, Italian mix, or spinach leaves work.
Step 2: Prepare the ingredients to add to the cobb salad. Dice up the chicken, tomatoes, onion, boiled egg, cucumber, and bacon.
Worried about hard boiling eggs? Check out my tips on How to Boil Eggs perfectly every time!
Step 3: Add all the ingredients to a bowl and mix in the seasonings.
Can I use canned chicken for this cobb salad?
Canned chicken is an option, but it’s not my favorite one. I prefer using real cooked chicken breast. Cook it in the air fryer, instant pot, or slow cooker, then dice and enjoy.
What are some of the best dressings to add to cobb salads?
Traditional cobb salad dressing is a red wine vinegarette. However, in my family, we enjoy different dressings, so add whatever kind of salad dressing you prefer to this keto cobb salad.
If you want to keep it lighter with fresh ingredients, you could try using extra virgin olive oil, red wine vinaigrette, with a tad of sugar-free sweetener and salt and pepper to taste. Remember to use low-carb ingredients if you’re on the keto diet.
What other ingredients can be added to this healthy chicken cobb salad?
There are so many other delicious ingredients that you can add to this cobb salad recipe! My hubby loves salads with feta cheese and blue cheese crumbles.
Don’t forget that a superfood that is always welcome in salads is avocado! You can dice and add as you please.
More Salad Topping Suggestions:
- fresh fruit and berries
- sesame seeds
- Chopped celery
- raw broccoli
- sliced radishes
Easy ways to prepare chicken for cobb salad:
- Crock-Pot Shredded Chicken Breasts
- Air Fryer Marinated Chicken Breast
- Grilled Chicken
- Pan Roasted Chicken Breasts
- Baked Chicken Breast
General FAQs about Low Carb Salads
Can I meal prep salad?
Yes, you can prepare all the ingredients the day before, have them ready, and wait to toss everything together. One of the best ways to stick to healthy eating is to prep ahead of time.
This is also perfect for packing your lunch. You could keep the ingredients separate or layer them in a mason jar to keep everything fresh. Being prepared is key to sticking with healthier eating habits.
What veggies have no carbs?
Most veggies have at least a small number of carbs. Vegetables that grow above the ground have fewer carbs than those that grow under. Check out this list of the best and worst low-carb vegetables.
Can I eat unlimited salad on keto?
Everything is in moderation. While lettuce is very low in carbs, once you add topping and dressing, the carbs and calories can add up quickly.
More Low Carb Salad Recipes:
- Keto Spinach Salad with Hot Bacon Dressing
- Keto Big Mac Salad Recipe (with Creamy Dressing)
- Keto Chicken Salad
- Keto Cucumber Salad Recipe
- Keto Egg Salad with Bacon
Healthy Cobb Salad Recipe with Chicken
- 1 to 2 chicken breast
- 1 heart or romaine
- 2 bacon slices
- 1 ounce Colby cheese
- 1 boiled egg
- ¼ cucumber
- 4 grape tomatoes
- ⅛ red onion
- ½ tsp Everything Bagel Seasoning
- ⅛ tsp Italian seasoning
- Make sure the lettuce is washed and ready to eat, then add to a bowl.
- Prepare the ingredients to add to the cobb salad. Dice up the chicken, tomatoes, onion, boiled egg, cucumber, and bacon.
- Add all the ingredients to a bowl and mix in the seasonings.