This Keto Egg Salad is perfect for a quick lunch or a great snack to make for a day at the beach. This simple low carb salad is great with cheese crisps or perfect for adding to a lettuce wrap.
KETO EGG SALAD
Eggs are an excellent low-carb food. Not only can you hard boil eggs and scramble them, but you can also mix and match them with many other recipes and ingredients.
We cook and eat eggs at least 2-3 times per week in our house. We usually eat eggs for breakfast, but then a recipe like this comes along, and I find myself cooking up this easy Keto Egg Salad recipe in a jiffy.
It’s a light yet filling low-carb salad with delicious fresh ingredients and flavor perfect for the summer months or any time of the year.
- Hard-boiled eggs
- Cherry tomatoes
- Butter lettuce
- Green onion
- Dijon mustard
- Sour cream
- Salt and pepper
Steps to making Keto Egg Salad with Bacon
(scroll down to the bottom of the page for the full recipe and ingredients with a printable recipe card.)
Step 1: Cut the hard-boiled eggs and place them in a bowl.
Step 2: Halve the cherry tomatoes and add them to the same bowl as your diced eggs.
Make sure all of the fresh produce has been washed properly.
Step 3: Add the cooked bacon crumbles to the same bowl as the tomatoes and eggs.
Tip: Costco and Sam’s Club sell a large bag of 100% bacon that is already crumbled. It is excellent to keep on hand for recipes like this to save time.
Step 4: Chop up the butter lettuce and add to the mixture. Also, add the diced green onion.
Step 5: Add the rest of the ingredients and seasoning and fold them together. Serve and enjoy.
Tip: Some people only like to use the white of the egg and not add in the cooked yolk. This is up to you. You can chop up and use the whole egg or the section of the cooked egg that you’d like.
VARIATIONS TO THIS LOW-CARB EGG SALAD RECIPE
Even though the ingredients are simple, there are always ways to change them.
- Add some cayenne pepper or chili powder to make this egg recipe spicy.
- You can also chop up and add more onions or celery for an added crunch.
- Don’t forget the pickles! We’re pickle-crazy in our house, so sometimes I’ll add some dill pickles for flavor.
- Adding in the bacon can also be optional, so don’t feel like you can’t make this recipe if you don’t have that ingredient.
The versatility of this low-carb salad is what makes it a fantastic recipe to make!
IS MAYONNAISE KETO-FRIENDLY?
It is! Since it’s made with eggs, it’s a low-carb condiment many enjoy.
HOW DO YOU SERVE KETO EGG SALAD?
There are a lot of ways that you can serve this egg salad recipe. Putting the salad inside lettuce leaves and enjoying a tasty lettuce wrap is one option that is always a hit.
Other options for eating this simple egg salad recipe include pairing it with keto crackers or gobbling it up with a spoon.
HOW TO STORE
This egg salad stores perfectly to enjoy the next day. Be sure to store it in an airtight container and keep it in the fridge.
You may notice a little bit of liquid in the container when you’re eating it the next time, so be sure to give it a good stir, and it’ll be fine.
Eating any leftovers within 2-3 days of storing them in the fridge is best.
CAN YOU FREEZE EGG SALAD?
This simple salad recipe is best served and eaten fresh. Don’t add it into the freezer as it will unthaw and have a different texture
More Keto Salad Recipes:
- Keto Cucumber Salad Recipe
- Low Carb Hot Bacon Dressing for Salads
- Keto Broccoli Bacon Salad
- Keto Taco Salad with Creamy Dressing
- Keto Big Mac Salad
- Keto Marinated Cole Slaw
- Easy Keto Sandwich Bowl
- Keto Chicken Salad
- Keto Mixed Green Salad
WHAT ARE SOME SIDE DISHES TO PAIR WITH THIS SALAD RECIPE?
Since this low-carb salad recipe is perfect for the main entree and a side dish possibility in one, I like to focus on fun desserts instead! Whip up this Keto Double Chocolate Chip Cookies Recipe as a great way to finish the meal!
How to make Keto Egg Salad
KETO EGG SALAD WITH BACON
- 6 large hard boiled eggs chopped
- ¼ C. bacon pieces
- ½ C. cherry tomatoes halved
- 1 C. chopped butter lettuce
- ¼ C. green onion chopped
- ¼ C. mayonnaise
- 2 tsp. dijon mustard
- Pinch paprika
- 1 Tbsp sour cream
- salt and pepper to taste.
- Chop up the hard-boiled eggs and add them to a bowl.
- Cut the tomatoes in half and add them to the bowl with the eggs. Also, add the diced onion.
- Add the chopped butter lettuce and cooked bacon pieces into the same bowl.
- Add in the rest of the ingredients and seasonings and fold carefully to combine.
- Serve immediately, or chill before serving if desired.