One of the biggest things missing, when you start on a ketogenic diet, is bread. This Low Carb Keto Biscuits Recipe is a great choice to satisfy your need for a biscuit without the carbs. While not exactly like a traditional biscuit, it is an ideal option for breakfast!
Low Carb Keto Biscuits Recipe
I am a total southern girl at heart. Born and raised in Georgia, I have always always always loved homemade biscuits. A couple of weeks ago I found a keto biscuit recipe online that used coconut flour (we’ve got nut allergies in our family) that was yummy. However, I felt like I could change up the recipe a bit and make them amazing.
After doing a little tweaking here and there, I think I have the absolute perfect keto biscuits recipe. If I weren’t following a ketogenic lifestyle, I would still eat these. They are just that good. Add bacon, eggs, and cheese, and you will be in biscuit heaven.
You can even change them up a little by adding garlic and serve them at dinner. If you would like more info about a keto diet or ketogenic lifestyle, this book includes fabulous information so you can decide if it might be right for you. After a month I have more energy, feel better overall, am sleeping better, and have lost 9 lbs and numerous inches. Coupled with AdvoCare supplements this lifestyle has been a game changer for my husband and me.
Keto / Low Carb Biscuits
- 4 1/2 tablespoons of butter melted and cooled
- 1/3 cup coconut flour
- 2 tablespoons full fat sour cream
- 4 eggs
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 1/3 cup sharp cheddar cheese shredded
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees and grease muffin pan.
- Combine melted butter (I cool mine by popping the bowl in the fridge for 5 min), eggs, salt, and sour cream then whisk together.
- Add coconut flour and baking powder to the mixture and stir until combined.
- Stir in cheese.
- Drop batter by spoonfuls into 12 greased muffin tins.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until tops are slightly brown.
For more Keto recipes, check out my keto recipe index here. I have tons of delicious choices like our keto biscuits recipe that will make it easier to stay on track with the low carb lifestyle!
More Keto Recipes: