After my pumpkin bread turned out so good, I was excited to experiment with various other flavors. The challenge in creating a recipe for breads that are keto friendly is you don’t want them to taste eggy because when you are craving bread, you aren’t craving eggs. (Can I get an amen?) I was shocked at how good this low carb Blueberry Bread turned out. Somehow, the bread was amazingly crusty, which means that it is definitely not eggy! I call that a success. When I asked my 11 yr old son to taste it he responded with, “Mom, that is really really good. Yum!” That in itself is a success in my book.
- 6 eggs
- 9 tablespoons melted butter
- ¾ cup fresh blueberries
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- ⅔ cup granulated Swerve (can reduce to make the bread less sweet if desired)
- 1½ tsp vanilla
- 2 tablespoons heavy whipping cream
- ½ cup + 2 tablespoons coconut flour
- ½ tsp salt
- 1½ tsp baking powder
- 2 tablespoons powdered Swerve
- 1 teaspoon butter, melted
- approx 1 teaspoon heavy whipping cream
- dash of vanilla
- ¼ tsp lemon zest
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Melt butter.
- Beat eggs, swerve, sour cream, heavy whipping cream, vanilla, salt, baking powder, and cinnamon until combined.
- Add the melted butter to the mixture and beat again until combined.
- Add ½ cup of the flour until thoroughly combined.
- In a separate bowl add the blueberries and 2 tablespoons of the coconut flour. Stir, until blueberries are lightly coated.
- Add blueberries with the rest of the flour to the batter. Stir with a spatula until all ingredients are mixed well.
- Pour batter into a greased loaf pan or cover loaf pan with parchment paper. I lined mine with parchment paper because coconut flour tends to stick to the pan.
- Bake for 65-75 minutes or until knife inserted in center of bread comes out clean.
- Allow bread to cool for 5 minutes.
- For the Icing:
- Combine all ingredients and whisk until smooth. Can add more heavy whipping cream if needed.
- Drizzle over warm bread.
Nutritional Information based on MyFitnessPal app (12 servings) – Calories 169, Fat 11, Protein 7.4, Carbs 6.9 – Fiber 1.7 = 5.2 Net Carbs
*Sugar alcohols are not included in the nutritional information.