We love chicken fajitas. Since we started following a keto lifestyle, whenever we eat out at a Mexican Restaurant my hubby and I order fajitas and eat them over a bed of lettuce. It’s been such an easy transition for us not to eat the tortillas. Since I picked up 40lbs of Zaycon Fresh chicken today (they deliver nationwide and offer chicken at the lowest price I’ve found), I thought it would be a perfect night for homemade baked chicken fajitas. Then, I remembered how good it tasted when I added a little bit of our kids’ cheese dip to my fajitas. I knew if I could create a keto friendly queso dip to serve with our fajitas at home our kids would be in hog heaven! I can assure you that the homemade queso with baked chicken fajitas did not disappoint! Oh, my stars! I felt like we were eating at our favorite Mexican Restaurant tonight without the hassle of getting all four kids out.
- 4-6 large boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into strips
- 1 medium purple onion, sliced
- 1 green pepper, sliced
- 1 red pepper, sliced
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2½ tsp chili powder
- 1¾ tsp cumin
- ½ tsp dried oregano
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Slice chicken and veggies into strips.
- In a large bowl combine the olive oil and spices. Mix well.
- Add the chicken and veggies to the seasoning mixture and stir until coated.
- Pour into greased 10X13 baking dish.
- Bake for 30-40 minutes or until chicken is cooked all the way through. Stir halfway through cooking.
- Serve with Keto Queso Dip.
Nutritional Information Based on MyFitnessPal App for 8 servings -165 calories, 7.9 grams of fat, 20.9 grams of protein, and 3.9 grams of carbs – 1.2 fiber = 2.7 net carbs
Once the fajitas are ready you can serve two different ways. Either keep the queso and fajitas separate, or pour the cheesy goodness right on top and serve as is or on a bed of lettuce.
We decided to dive straight in and pour the homemade Keto Queso Dip right on top. Doesn’t this look amazing?