Are your taste buds craving a new favorite go-to? Say hello to EASY EVERYTHING BAGEL DIP RECIPE! This creamy dip is packed with flavor, thanks to sour cream, cream cheese, garlic powder, and onion powder. It’s garnished with fresh chives and the famous Everything But the Bagel Seasoning for a final burst of flavor. Here’s the best part: it’s low-carb too! Everyone will love this easy appetizer dip, whether you’re getting ready for a party or simply craving a tasty snack.
WHAT IS EVERYTHING BAGEL DIP?
The super-popular everything bagel seasoning inspires this everything bagel dip recipe. The delicious dip captures the amazing flavors of sesame seeds, poppy seeds, garlic, onion, and more. Whether you are a fan of everything bagel seasoning or just curious about this trendy seasoning blend, this mouthwatering recipe will have you hooked. Let’sLet’sstarted!
WHAT DOES EVERYTHING BAGEL DIP TASTE LIKE?
It’s a creamy and savory dip with a flavor combination of an everything bagel with a tangy and nutty twist. Trader Joe’s version is almost famous. Be warned…once you try it, you’ll be hooked!
IS IT LOW-CARB?
The dip is low-carb, with only 3g of carbs per serving. Make sure to choose low-carb dippers as well. You’ll find several suggestions in this post.
EVERYTHING BUT THE BAGEL DIP INGREDIENTS
- Sour Cream – adds a smooth, creamy texture and a bit of tang.
- Full Fat Cream Cheese – gives a rich texture and adds a creamy and slightly tangy flavor.
- Garlic Powder – adds a distinct garlic flavor and a savory kick.
- Onion Powder – has a mild and sort of sweet onion flavor.
- Chopped Fresh Chives – adds a touch of bright color and freshness while enhancing all the savory flavors.
- Everything Bagel Seasoning – combines ingredients like sesame, poppy, garlic, onion, and salt.
HOW TO MAKE EVERYTHING BAGEL DIP
STEP 1: Blend the sour cream, room temperature cream cheese, garlic powder, onion powder, and chives in a mixing bowl until creamy and fluffy.
STEP 2: Layer the mixture into a serving bowl or dish and top with additional fresh chives and the Everything Bagel seasoning before serving.
TIP: Don’t be afraid of the fresh chives or the bagel seasoning blend. The chives add a crisp fresh taste and texture, and the seasoning…well, it is a massive hit for a reason!
- Greek Yogurt: Use full-fat Greek yogurt instead of regular sour cream. Make sure to check the carbs in the full-fat Greek yogurt substitution.
- Add Keto-Friendly Herbs and Spices: Step up the flavor of the Everything dip with keto-friendly herbs and spices such as red pepper flakes, dried thyme, or smoked paprika.
- Optional Protein Boost: Add cooked and crumbled bacon, diced chicken, or chopped smoked salmon to increase the amount of protein.
WHAT TO DIP IN EVERYTHING BAGEL DIP
Low-Carb fresh vegetables are the way to go for dipping options. Here are a few of my favorites.
- Cucumber Slices are a fantastic healthy, a great low-carb crunchy option.
- Celery Sticks have a satisfying crunch and are perfect for dipping. They are like mini vegetable spoons!
- Bell Pepper Strips are colorful and crunchy and add a nice texture.
- Radish Slices have a bit of a peppery taste and a satisfying crunch
- Zucchini Rounds can be a low-carb alternative to traditional crackers or chips for scooping the dip.
- Keto Cheese Cracker – this easy-to-make low-carb cracker is my favorite for dipping!
- Pork Rinds are always a safe low-carb choice for dipping.
- Broccoli florets have a mild taste and are extra crunchy!
- Carrot Sticks or Baby Carrots, while not considered keto-friendly, are a great option if you lean more towards low-carb.
***If you aren’t following a low-carb lifestyle, bagel chips, pita chips, pretzels, or bread are all fantastic dipping options,
CAN I MAKE THIS CREAM CHEESE DIP WITH EVERYTHING BUT THE BAGEL SEASONING AHEAD OF TIME?
Absolutely! Got a big party you’re invited to? Make the dip and store it in the fridge in an airtight container. Wait until you are ready to serve before garnishing with the extra chives and everything bagel seasoning to keep it fresh.
CAN I MAKE THE EVERYTHING BAGEL SEASONING FROM SCRATCH?
Heck yeah! Making it homemade is super easy; here are the basic ingredients:
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
- 2 tablespoons poppy seeds
- 1 tablespoon dried minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon dried minced onion
- 1 tablespoon coarse salt (sea salt or kosher salt)
Make sure to run the ingredients through a nutritional app if you’re counting macros.
- Soften the cream cheese: Before mixing it into the dip, ensure it is at room temperature. This will help it blend smoothly and evenly with the other ingredients, avoiding lumps or clumps. You can leave the cream cheese on the counter for about 30 minutes to soften or microwave it for a few seconds at a low power setting, checking frequently to avoid melting.
- Allow time for flavors to meld: After preparing the dip, refrigerate it for a few hours or overnight. This will allow the flavors to blend and develop a richer taste.
- Is there a vegan or dairy-free version of Everything Bagel Dip? Yes! You can make a vegan or dairy-free version by using a dairy-free cream cheese alternative and sour cream made from plant-based ingredients. Make sure that the seasoning used is also vegan-friendly.
- Are the flavors in the Bagel Dip customizable? Absolutely! Experiment with extra ingredients to customize the dip to your taste. Add fresh herbs like dill or parsley, finely chopped green onions, or even grated cheese for extra flavor variations.
STORAGE AND LEFTOVERS
If you have leftovers, transfer the leftovers to an airtight container or cover them with plastic wrap. The dip will remain suitable for 4-5 days in the refrigerator. Make sure to stir before serving.
CAN LOW-CARB EVERYTHING DIP BE FROZEN?
Technically the dip can be frozen; However, I do not suggest freezing it. The cream cheese and sour cream can separate upon thawing causing the texture to become watery or grainy. As a general guideline, dairy products don’t freeze well.
More Dips & Low-Carb Appetizers
Creamy Everything Bagel Dip
- 1 C. Sour cream
- 6 oz. Cream cheese (softened at room temperature)
- ½ tsp. Garlic powder
- ½ tsp. Onion powder
- 2 Tbsp. Chopped fresh chives
- 2 tsp. Everything Bagel Seasoning
- In a mixing bowl, combine the sour cream, softened cream cheese, garlic powder, onion powder, and chives. Mix until creamy and fluffy.
- Put the dip in a serving bowl or dish, making sure to spread it evenly.
- Sprinkle some extra fresh chives and the Everything Bagel seasoning on top of the dip.
- Enjoy with your fresh veggie dippers or low-carb crackers.