Keto Snack Recipe for Crunchy Munch
Everyone loves a good Keto Snack Recipe and our Low Carb Crunchy Munch is a favorite. It’s delicious, easy to make, and a perfect option for those crunchy food cravings.
Keto Snack Recipe for Crunchy Munch
Y’all know how delicious Moose Munch is at Christmas? Every year I give my husband, Moose Munch as a gift for Christmas knowing full well that I will eat every single bite before I ever wrap it up. I like it that much.
As I was thinking about snacks during the holiday season, I knew I wanted to make something crunchy with a little bit of chocolate that reminded me of Moose Munch. I started by changing up my Pumpkin Spice Candied Pecan recipe I had made a couple of weeks ago since I knew it was keto/low carb friendly. I added some walnuts, almonds, and unsweetened coconut for a little variety and changed up the seasoning to cinnamon. Then, I melted Lily’s Chocolate Chips and drizzled the melted chocolate on top.
I didn’t even care to eat lunch today. I just wanted this Crunchy Munch. It’s such a great quick treat or a dessert you could take to any holiday gathering, and it’s easy to make, which is a necessary bonus.
Keto/Low Carb Crunchy Munch
- 2½ cups pecans
- 2 cups walnuts
- 1/2 cup almonds
- 1/2 cup + 1/4 cup divided unsweetened coconut
- 5 Tbsp butter divided
- 6 Tbsp heavy whipping cream
- 4 Tbsp granulated Swerve sweetener
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/8 salt to flavor
- 1/4 cup Lily's Chocolate Chips
- 1/4 tsp coconut oil
- Roast pecans, walnuts, almonds, and 1/2 cup of the unsweetened coconut on parchment paper in a 350-degree oven while you are making the coating. (I sprayed mine with butter spray). I set my timer for 5 minutes and stirred one time halfway through cooking.
- Combine the 4 1/2 tablespoons of butter, sweetener, and heavy whipping cream over medium heat and stir until Swerve is dissolved.
- Cook continuously stirring until it is deep golden brown.
- As soon as it reaches a deep color and begins to thicken (right before burning) add the additional ½ tablespoon of butter, cinnamon, and vanilla.
- Stir until smooth.
- Pour nuts and coconut mixture in the pan and stir until well coated.
- Spread mixture on parchment or wax paper and sprinkle salt on top.
- In a small glass bowl add Lily's Chocolate Chips and coconut oil and heat in the microwave for 30 seconds.
- Remove from microwave and stir then cook in 15-second intervals stirring after each one until chocolate chips are completely melted. I only had to cook mine one 15 second interval, but microwaves cook differently.
- With a spoon, drizzle chocolate on top of the Crunchy Munch.
- Sprinkle the reserved 1/4 cup unsweetened coconut that you didn't roast on top while the chocolate is still warm so that it sticks.
- Pop in the fridge to set.
- then put in the fridge until chocolate sets.
- Store Crunchy Munch in an airtight container. It stays crunchier in the fridge.
- Refrigerate until firm.
Keto Snack Recipe for Crunchy Munch Nutritional Information
Nutritional Information Based on MyFitnessPal app per 1/4 cup- Calories 218, Fat 21.2, Protein 3.4, Carbs 6.2 – Fiber 3.4 = 2.8 NET Carbs per serving based on 24 servings
**The sugar alcohols in Swerve are not included in the nutritional information since they have to be backed out manually with MyFitnessPal app.
More Keto Snack Ideas
I know that most don’t eat a lot of snacks while following the ketogenic diet, but I love having something on hand. This is most important during holidays or times when I know the kids or my husband will be snacking. This crunchy munch keto snack recipe is ideal for those times!
You can look at all of my keto/low carb recipes in my Keto Recipe Index for more good ideas. I love our Keto Pepperoni Crisps, Keto Chicken Wings, and Keto Onion Rings as snack type foods that are super satisfying.
I just finished making this and it is absolutely delicious! I only had half a cup of pecans so I subbed in some pepitas and sunflower seeds. I will definitely be making this one again.
That sounds super yummy the way you made it. So glad you enjoyed it.
How long does this stay good in the fridge?
Absolutely delish…highly addictive. The brown butter glaze is the piece de resistance. Love it, sharing it and will make it again and again.
How wonderful!! I’m really glad you loved it.
Soo Good! I will definitely make again!
Should you store in frig? Will the chocolate stay hardened?
I address this at the bottom of the recipe card.
Do you use Lily’s dark or milk chocolate chips?
You can use whichever you prefer.
Amount of serving for this recipe?
I divide it evenly by the number of servings listed at the top of the recipe card.
So good. I’m allergic to chocolate so I omitted it and used brown swerve sugar. Omg so yummy
Yum! That looks like a great snack!
Hi, looks amazing I want to try it but I don’t like the taste of butter – what can I do instead ?
You could possibly try olive oil, but I can’t guarantee the outcome as I’ve only made it as is.
Is it okay to leave out the coconut? Should I add something in its place?
I’ve only made it as is so I’m not sure.
Excellent recipe!!!! Even my husband loves it
Fantastic! I’m so glad you all enjoy it.