Everyone loves a good Keto Snack Recipe and our Low Carb Crunchy Munch is a favorite. It’s delicious, easy to make, and a perfect option for those crunchy food cravings.
Keto Snack Recipe for Crunchy Munch
Y’all know how delicious Moose Munch is at Christmas? Every year I give my husband, Moose Munch as a gift for Christmas knowing full well that I will eat every single bite before I ever wrap it up. I like it that much.
As I was thinking about snacks during the holiday season, I knew I wanted to make something crunchy with a little bit of chocolate that reminded me of Moose Munch. I started by changing up my Pumpkin Spice Candied Pecan recipe I had made a couple of weeks ago since I knew it was keto/low carb friendly. I added some walnuts, almonds, and unsweetened coconut for a little variety and changed up the seasoning to cinnamon. Then, I melted Lily’s Chocolate Chips and drizzled the melted chocolate on top.
I didn’t even care to eat lunch today. I just wanted this Crunchy Munch. It’s such a great quick treat or a dessert you could take to any holiday gathering, and it’s easy to make, which is a necessary bonus.
Keto/Low Carb Crunchy Munch
- Roast pecans, walnuts, almonds, and 1/2 cup of the unsweetened coconut on parchment paper in a 350-degree oven while you are making the coating. (I sprayed mine with butter spray). I set my timer for 5 minutes and stirred one time halfway through cooking.
- Combine the 4 1/2 tablespoons of butter, sweetener, and heavy whipping cream over medium heat and stir until Swerve is dissolved.
- Cook continuously stirring until it is deep golden brown.
- As soon as it reaches a deep color and begins to thicken (right before burning) add the additional ½ tablespoon of butter, cinnamon, and vanilla.
- Stir until smooth.
- Pour nuts and coconut mixture in the pan and stir until well coated.
- Spread mixture on parchment or wax paper and sprinkle salt on top.
- In a small glass bowl add Lily's Chocolate Chips and coconut oil and heat in the microwave for 30 seconds.
- Remove from microwave and stir then cook in 15-second intervals stirring after each one until chocolate chips are completely melted. I only had to cook mine one 15 second interval, but microwaves cook differently.
- With a spoon, drizzle chocolate on top of the Crunchy Munch.
- Sprinkle the reserved 1/4 cup unsweetened coconut that you didn't roast on top while the chocolate is still warm so that it sticks.
- Pop in the fridge to set.
- then put in the fridge until chocolate sets.
- Store Crunchy Munch in an airtight container. It stays crunchier in the fridge.
- Refrigerate until firm.
Keto Snack Recipe for Crunchy Munch Nutritional Information
Nutritional Information Based on MyFitnessPal app per 1/4 cup- Calories 218, Fat 21.2, Protein 3.4, Carbs 6.2 – Fiber 3.4 = 2.8 NET Carbs per serving based on 24 servings
**The sugar alcohols in Swerve are not included in the nutritional information since they have to be backed out manually with MyFitnessPal app.
More Keto Snack Ideas
I know that most don’t eat a lot of snacks while following the ketogenic diet, but I love having something on hand. This is most important during holidays or times when I know the kids or my husband will be snacking. This crunchy munch keto snack recipe is ideal for those times!
You can look at all of my keto/low carb recipes in my Keto Recipe Index for more good ideas. I love our Keto Pepperoni Crisps, Keto Chicken Wings, and Keto Onion Rings as snack type foods that are super satisfying.