This Ultimate Keto Snack Mix is a delicious and easy-to-prepare low-carb snack packed with all the nutrients you need to keep you fueled and satisfied throughout the day. Its combination of crunchy almonds, pecans, and walnuts with a rich and satisfying chocolate drizzle makes it the perfect choice for anyone craving a quick and tasty treat on a low-carb or keto diet.
This low-carb snack mix is more than just healthy; it’s also delicious and super easy to make! Its unique combination of sweetness, crunch, and saltiness makes it a snack that will satisfy your hunger cravings and keep you feeling full.
The mix includes crunchy nuts, creamy coconut oil, and sugar-free chocolate chips. It’s a great source of healthy fats and protein in every bite, making it a suitable addition to your keto-friendly, low-sugar snacks. Plus, it is super so versatile that you can enjoy it on its own or add it to other recipes for an extra crunchy kick.
Ingredients for Keto Snack Mix
Pecans: Provide a rich, buttery flavor and contribute to a drool-worthy crunch.
Walnuts: Add a mild and warm taste for variety and crunch.
Almonds: Offer a slightly sweet and nutty taste, adding to the nut mix.
Unsweetened Coconut: Infuse a tropical coconut flavor and texture.
Butter: Provides richness and helps bind the ingredients together.
Heavy Whipping Cream: Adds creaminess and smoothness.
Monk Fruit Blend With Allulose: Sweetens without sugar.
Cinnamon: Imparts warmth and subtle spiciness.
Vanilla Extract: Enhances the overall flavor with a hint of vanilla.
Salt: Balances sweetness and enhances other flavors.
Lily’s Chocolate Chips: Adds sweetness and binds the snack mix together.
Coconut Oil: Is added to Lily’s chocolate chips before melting to thin them out and prevent them from seizing.
How to Make Keto Snack Mix:
Step 1: Preheat your oven to 350 °F (177 °C). Roast pecans, walnuts, almonds, and unsweetened coconut by evenly placing them on a baking sheet covered in parchment paper. Roast them in a 350-degree oven for 10 minutes. Stir halfway through cooking.
Step 2: While roasting your nuts, melt butter, Wholesome Yum Monk Fruit Blend with Allulose, and heavy whipping cream in a saucepan over medium heat. Stir until the sweetener dissolves, then keep cooking and stirring until the mixture turns a deep golden brown. Once it’s dark and thick, add the rest of the butter, some cinnamon, and some vanilla. Stir until smooth.
Step 3: Once your nuts and coconut are roasted, dump them into the saucepan with the sauce and stir until they’re well-coated. Then, spread the mixture out onto parchment paper and sprinkle with salt.
Step 4: Melt your Lily’s chocolate chips and coconut oil in a small glass bowl in the microwave. Start with 30 seconds and stir well. Then, cook in 15-second intervals, stirring after each one, until the chips are melted. Microwaves vary in power, so keep an eye on the chocolate to make sure it doesn’t burn.
Step 5: Once the chocolate and coconut oil are melted, drizzle on all the nuts. Then, sprinkle the rest of the unsweetened coconut on top. The coconut will stick to the warm, drizzled chocolate.
Step 6: Pop the finished mixture in the fridge until it’s hardened.
Top Tips and Tricks For Homemade Keto Snack Mix
- Mind the Melting: Melt the butter and heavy whipping cream together over low heat to prevent burning and get a smooth mixture.
- Cinnamon and Vanilla: Make sure the cinnamon and vanilla extract are evenly spread throughout the mixture for a consistent flavor.
- Salt to Taste: The sea salt is included to balance the sweetness and enhance the overall flavor. Start with a pinch of salt and taste as you go, adding more if needed.
- Chocolate Drizzle Technique: Drizzle the melted chocolate over the nut clusters in a back-and-forth motion. You can use a fork, spoon, or pastry bag with a small tip for more control.
- Cooling Time: Let the clusters cool completely on the baking sheet. If you’re in a hurry, pop them in the fridge. The clusters will firm up as they cool.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I Use Store Bought Roasted Nuts?
Buying pre-roasted nuts can be a great way to save time, but check the ingredients and nutritional information to ensure they’re right for you. I
Is This Recipe Gluten-Free?
Yup, the Ultimate Keto Snack Mix is gluten-free! It’s made with all-natural, gluten-free ingredients, so it’s a safe and tasty snack for people with gluten sensitivities or allergies. Just be sure to check the labels of all the ingredients in your kitchen to make sure they’re gluten-free, too.
Does the Low Carb Snack Mix Contain Added Sugars?
The Ultimate Keto Snack Mix does not include any added sugars. It is sweetened with natural sweeteners, such as monk fruit blend with allulose, which is low in carbs and sugar-free. This makes it a good choice for people on a ketogenic diet or those avoiding sugar.
Is it Suitable For On-The-Go Snacking?
The Ultimate Keto Snack Mix is perfect for on-the-go snacking. It comes in a convenient resealable bag, making it easy to take anywhere. It’s an excellent option for savvy snacks to satisfy your hunger while staying true to your dietary requirements.
How many carbs are in this party mix recipe?
This recipe contains 10g of carbs minus 6g of fiber, making it 4g net carbs per 2/3 cup serving.
Is keto snack mix portable?
Yes, it is very portable. It can be stored in an airtight container and enjoyed on the go.
Can I make it ahead of time?
Absolutely! Store it in an airtight container at room temperature for up to a week.
Are there any pre-made keto snack mixes that I can buy?
Yes, several pre-made keto snack mixes are available on the market, which are the perfect treat when you need a quick and convenient snack. My favorites are Nature’s Garden Keto Snack Mix, Nature’s Garden Keto Variety Snack Packs, Catalina Crunch Snack Mix, Lakanto Keto Mixed Candied Nuts with a Maple Glaze, and Kirkland Signature Keto Snack Mix. Many of these options come in a variety pack.
To keep it as fresh and tasty for as long as possible, here are some tips for storing and reheating your snack mix:
- Store it in an airtight container or glass jar. It should stay good for a week.
- If you’re making a lot of snack mix, divide it into smaller portions and store them separately. This will help prevent the whole batch from going stale.
- Nut Variations: Experiment with different types of heart-healthy nuts, such as cashews, pistachios, macadamia nuts, hazelnuts, pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds, or pepitas, to create a unique flavor and texture combination. You can also include dark chocolate chips for a rich flavor.
- Nut Butter: Add a tablespoon of almond or peanut butter for extra creaminess and flavor. However, make sure you use a sugar-free nut butter to follow keto guidelines.
- Flavor Extracts: Besides vanilla extract, try using other extracts like almond, hazelnut, or maple for a different flavor profile.
- Spices: Experiment with spices such as nutmeg or allspice to add a unique twist to the clusters.
- Chocolate Variations: Use different types of keto-friendly chocolate chips or chunks, like dark chocolate or white chocolate chips, to vary the flavor.
- Protein powder: If you want to boost the protein content of your snack mix, you can add a scoop of your favorite keto-friendly protein powder.
More Keto Snacks
- Keto Pepperoni Chips Easy Snack Idea
- Hot Ham Roll-Ups With Cheese
- Keto Trail Mix Recipe
- Keto Travel Snacks on the Go
- Tons of Keto / Low-Carb Snack Ideas
Ultimate Keto Snack Mix
- Preheat your oven to 350 °F (177 °C). Roast pecans, walnuts, almonds, and ½ cup of unsweetened coconut by evenly placing them on a baking sheet covered in parchment paper for 10 minutes. Stir halfway through cooking.
- While the nuts are roasting, combine 4 ½ tablespoons of the butter, Monk Fruit blend with Allulose, and heavy whipping cream in a saucepan and heat over medium heat until the sweetener is fully dissolved. Cook and stir continuously until the mixture becomes a deep golden color. Once it becomes darker and begins to thicken, add the remaining butter, cinnamon, and vanilla. Stir until it is smooth.
- Pour the roasted nuts and coconut into the saucepan and stir until the nuts and coconut are coated well. Spread the mixture on parchment paper and sprinkle the salt on top.
- Place the Lily’s Chocolate Chips and coconut oil in a small glass bowl and heat for 30 seconds in the microwave. Take the bowl out and stir well. Cook in 15-second intervals, stirring after each one, until the chips are melted. This time may vary according to microwave power levels.1/4 cup Lily's Chocolate Chips, 1/4 tsp coconut oil
- Once the chocolate and coconut oil are melted, drizzle them over the nut mixture. Finally, sprinkle the remaining unsweetened coconut on top. It'll stick to the melted chocolate.
- Keep the finished mixture in the fridge until fully hardened.
- When melting the butter and heavy whipping cream together, do so over low heat.
- Evenly distribute the cinnamon and vanilla extract throughout the mixture for a consistent flavor.
- Start with a pinch of salt and taste as you go, adding more if needed.
- Drizzle the melted chocolate over the nut clusters in a back-and-forth pattern.
- Allow the clusters to cool completely on the baking sheet.