This Low Carb Sausage Cheese Dip is the perfect appetizer for all of your game day events. It is delicious, keto-friendly, and a perfect way to satisfy that craving for a cheesy dip. Serve up with crunchy vegetables or your favorite low carb cheese crackers!
Low Carb Sausage Cheese Dip
My big kids love any kind of cheese dip. As we have transitioned to a healthier lifestyle, I have looked for foods I know that they would enjoy. Although they aren’t strict Keto or Low Carb, we have overall reduced the number of carby foods in our home.
I remember having a similar dip to this Low Carb Sausage Cheese Dip when I was younger, and as I was brainstorming fun foods I could make that would be especially great for football season, holiday parties, or even summertime get-togethers this Sausage & Cheese Dip came to mind.
Finding something to use to dip in the Low Carb Sausage Cheese Dip was a challenge, but pork rinds and celery pair nicely. Both are sturdy enough to hold a good amount of Sausage & Cheese Dip, and they have a nice crunch as well. Of course, my kids thought it was kind of weird at first, but they loved the Low Carb Sausage & Cheese Dip so much it was worth it. Not to say they won’t have chips again, but you have to start experimenting somewhere.
How to make low carb sausage cheese dip
Below you will find a visual step by step of the process. You can also scroll down for the printable version of this yummy low carb appetizer recipe.
Serve with celery ribs or pork rinds. You may also find our low carb cheese crackers or other low carb crisps a good option for eating this yummy sausage cheese dip recipe.
Low Carb Sausage & Cheese Dip
- 1 lb Hot Sausage (can also use mild)
- 1 8 oz Cream Cheese
- 1 10 oz can of RO-TEL
- 1 4.5oz can of green chilis
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1/4 tsp cumin
- 2 cups Cheddar and Monterrey Jack Cheese, grated
- Brown Sausage in a skillet then drain and return to pan.
- Add softened cream cheese and work into the browned sausage with the back of a spoon until it is combined.
- Add Rotel, green chilis, spices, and cheese.
- Stir to combine ingredients then cook on low/medium heat until the cheese melts and the dip is smooth.
- Reduce heat to low and simmer with the lid on for 5 minutes.
- Serve with celery ribs or pork rinds.
More Keto Low Carb Appetizers:
- Bacon Wrapped Cheesesticks
- Chocolate Drizzled Bacon
- Fried Chicken Bites
- Sausage Ball Puffs
- Pumpkin Spice Pecans
- Cheese Wafers
- Homemade Queso Dip
- Keto Party Mix
- Cheese Cracker Crisps
If you are just getting started following a keto diet and would like more information, there are tons of fantastic resources. Amazon has several excellent books you may want to check out here.