This Low Carb Sausage Cheese Dip is the perfect keto appetizer for dinner parties, holidays, and all of your game-day events. It is delicious, low in carbs, and an ideal way to satisfy cravings for a cheesy dip. Serve up with crunchy vegetables or your favorite low-carb cheese crackers!
Low Carb Sausage Cheese Dip
My big kids love any cheese dip. As we have transitioned to a healthier lifestyle, I have looked for foods I know that they would enjoy. Although they aren’t strict on Keto or Low Carb, we have reduced the number of carby foods in our home.
I remember having a similar dip to this Low Carb Sausage Cheese Dip when I was younger. As I was brainstorming fun foods I could make that would be especially great for football season, holiday parties, or even summertime get-togethers, this Sausage & Cheese Dip came to mind.
Finding something to use to dip in the Low Carb Sausage Cheese Dip was a challenge, but pork rinds and celery pair nicely. Both are sturdy enough to hold a good amount of Sausage & Cheese Dip, and they have a nice crunch as well. Of course, my kids thought it was weird at first, but they loved the Low Carb Sausage & Cheese Dip so much it was worth it. Not to say they won’t have chips again, but you have to start experimenting somewhere.
How to make low carb sausage cheese dip
Below you will find a visual step-by-step of the process. You can also scroll down for the printable version of this yummy low-carb appetizer recipe.
- Hot Sausage– Hot sausage kicks this keto cheese dip up a notch! However, if you don’t like spicy food, feel free to swap out the hot sausage with a milder version.
- Cream Cheese– 8 oz. of cream cheese is all you need to give your sausage cheese dip an extra creamy texture!
- Can of RO-TEL– A southern favorite, these spicy canned tomatoes are vital, adding tons of flavor!
- Green Chilies– Generally mild in heat, these chilies add to the flavor profile without adding extra spice.
- Garlic Powder– Garlic powder is an excellent alternative to fresh garlic if you don’t have fresh on hand.
- Cumin – Grown in the middle east, this warm aromatic spice is used in many dishes. Be careful when adding cumin, as adding too much can overpower a dish.
- Red Pepper Flakes– Add some heat to your dip by adding red pepper flakes. If you don’t want the extra spice, feel free to leave them out.
- Cheese, Grated– When making this dip, I like to use a combination of cheddar cheese and Monterey Jack. These cheeses melt well and pair well with the Mexican-inspired spices!
Step 1: Brown sausage in the skillet, drain and return to the pan. Add softened cream cheese and work into the browned sausage with the back of a spoon until it is combined.
Step 3: Add Rotel, green chilis, spices, and cheese.
Step 4: Stir to combine ingredients, then cook on low/medium heat until the cheese melts and the dip is smooth. Reduce heat to low and simmer with the lid on for 5 minutes.
What to Serve with Low Carb Sausage Cheese Dip?
This low-carb sausage cheese dip is a crowd favorite. Whether you are keto or not, you won’t be able to get enough! If you are following a keto diet, you may think you are limited in your dipping options and ask yourself, “what do I serve with this low-carb sausage cheese dip?” Don’t worry; there are a lot of great alternatives. I like to pair this cheesy dip with celery or pork rinds, but if you’re looking for more inspiration, look below.
- Low Carb Vegetables – If you aren’t a fan of using celery sticks, try carrots, broccoli, green bell pepper, or cucumber slices.
- Keto Crackers: My Keto Cheese Crackers can also be served with this low-carb dip. Just four ingredients, they make the perfect addition to any gathering.
- Grab a Spoon: If none of the dipping options sound yummy, you could always eat it with a spoon. This low-carb sausage cheese chip is so good you don’t need to serve it with a side.
HOW DO I STORE THIS KETO SAUSAGE CHEESE DIP?
Therefore, this keto dip uses cream cheese as its base and should be kept in a cool environment to stay fresh. I like to dispense into small bowls for gatherings or events, keeping a larger bowl in the refrigerator to chill. Keep an eye out and check throughout the day to ensure the dip doesn’t become warm. Otherwise, store leftovers in the fridge for up to 4 days. You can reheat it in the microwave or a skillet on the stove.
Other Keto Dips:
If you and your family enjoyed the sausage cheese dip, check out my Keto Queso Recipe! This queso works great as a dip or can be drizzled over fajitas or grilled chicken! This queso recipe will spice up any meal with a creamy texture and a little heat!
More Keto Low Carb Appetizers:
- Bacon-Wrapped Cheese Sticks
- Chocolate Drizzled Bacon
- Fried Chicken Bites
- Sausage Ball Puffs
- Pumpkin Spice Pecans
- Keto Party Mix
- Keto BLT Dip
If you aren’t already following my Easy Keto/Low Carb Recipe Page on Facebook, where I post all my new recipes, you can join here and follow me on Pinterest.
Many fantastic resources are available if you are just getting started following a keto diet and would like more information. Amazon has several excellent books you may want to check out here.
Low Carb Sausage Cheese Dip
- 1 lb Hot Sausage (can also use mild)
- 1 8 oz Cream Cheese
- 1 10 oz can of RO-TEL
- 1 4.5oz can of green chilis
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1/4 tsp cumin
- 2 cups Cheddar and Monterrey Jack Cheese, grated
- Brown Sausage in a skillet, then drain and return to the pan.
- Add softened cream cheese and work into the browned sausage with the back of a spoon until it is combined.
- Add Rotel, green chilis, spices, and cheese.
- Stir to combine ingredients, then cook on low/medium heat until the cheese melts and the dip is smooth.
- Reduce heat to low and simmer with the lid on for 5 minutes.
- Serve with celery ribs or pork rinds.