I make this Instant Pot Keto Chili Recipe all the time during the fall and winter months. A good flavorful chili is a perfect addition to your menu plan. Being keto-friendly means it has no beans, but it isn’t lacking in flavor.
Instant Pot Keto Chili
I am starting to enjoy my Instant Pot especially for recipes like chili that I typically simmer on the stove for several hours. The Instant Pot gives me the option of a yummy home-cooked meal in a fraction of the time it would usually take. My kids requested chili tonight, so I thought I’d try my Keto/Low Carb Chili recipe that I usually cook on the stove in the Instant Pot. I added a few chopped green peppers to make it a little chunkier and reduced the liquid for the Instant Pot. Chili might be one of my family’s favorite meals. My husband and kids request it almost every Saturday during football season. It is something I cook often, and we all enjoy it.
I’m the odd one out in our family as I don’t like my chili with beans anyway. Of course, to make this Instant Pot Keto Chili Recipe, I omit the beans then in a separate pot on the stove I warm up beans for my kids so that they can scoop out some to add to their bowl of chili. This is one way I can cook one meal that we all enjoy as my kids aren’t following a Ketogenic diet. We were all pleased with how yummy it turned out!
Curry powder is my secret (or not so secret) ingredient in this Instant Pot Keto Chili. Years ago, a friend a work shared with me how curry powder gives Chili an incredibly bold flavor. She was right! Don’t be afraid of seasonings. Adding just the right ones makes a huge difference and can change any dish from good to amazingly delicious!
Instant Pots are available in several different models and sizes. I have the 6qt 7-in1 model that you see in the above image. I love how fast I can make a meal like this Instant Pot Keto Chili in my Instant Pot. You can check them out here.
Other Instant Pot Keto Recipes:
- Instant Pot Chicken Pot Pie Soup
- Instant Pot Keto Pot Roast
- Instant Pot Jalapeno Popper Soup
- Instant Pot Broccoli & Cheese Soup
- Instant Pot Creamy Chicken & Bacon
Don’t miss any of my Keto Recipes in my Keto Recipe Index. If you aren’t already following my Easy Keto/Low Carb Recipe Page on Facebook where I post all my new recipes, you can join here and follow me on Pinterest here.
How to Make Instant Pot Keto Chili:
Instant Pot Keto Chili Recipe
- 2 lbs 80/20 ground beef
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- ½ small onion, diced
- 10 oz can Rotel Tomatoes
- 28 oz can crushed tomatoes
- 1¼ tbsp cumin
- 2½ tbsp chili powder
- 1 tbsp curry powder
- 2 1/2 cups beef broth (20 oz)
- 1 ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 tsp pepper
- 1 tbsp red pepper flakes, optional optional
- 1 tbsp hot sauce, optional optional
- 1/2 small green pepper, diced optional
- 3 tbsp butter optional
- Turn Instant Pot to saute and brown the ground beef, with the onions, green peppers (optional), and minced garlic.
- Drain (if desired) then return to Instant Pot.
- Deglaze Instant Pot with 1/4 cup beef broth.
- Add the rest of the beef broth, spices, butter (optional), and tomatoes (do not stir).
- With the Instant Pot still in saute mode, bring mixture to a boil.
- Turn off, secure the lid, then press the soup button and press the minus button to reduce the time down to 12 minutes.
- Once the soup cycle is complete, allow the Instant Pot a 10 minute NPR (natural pressure release) then do a QPR (quick press release). I always put a dish towel over the valve so that soup doesn't spew out.
- Remove lid and serve!
- Top each bowl with sour cream, grated cheese, jalapenos if desired.