Waking up to a hearty and delicious Keto breakfast is the perfect way to start the day! This Keto Blueberry French Toast Casserole is a fantastic balance of sweet and delicious, with a nice taste of blueberry.
Keto Blueberry French Toast Casserole Recipe
While I don’t usually eat breakfast during the week, I am still a fan of breakfast foods and enjoy a big breakfast on Saturday mornings with my family. Often we will stick to just eggs and bacon, but sometimes it is nice to have a little variety like this Keto Blueberry French Toast Casserole. Even though it looks a bit fancy, it is effortless to make. You start by making my Keto Homemade Blueberry Bread recipe with a few adjustments as it is crucial to have a drier bread for a french toast casserole. Then, you’ll need to dry the bread out a bit in the oven, so that it doesn’t get mushy once you add the egg mixture. After that everything is downhill as you throw all the ingredients in a casserole dish and bake.
Specialty Ingredients used in this recipe for Keto Blueberry French Toast Casserole
To be keto-friendly, you’ll need a couple of special ingredients:
- Coconut flour – If you want to use almond flour it is not a 1:1 sub. 1/4 cup coconut flour = 1 cup almond flour
- Swerve Granulated or Monkfruit Classic
- Lakanto Sugar-Free Maple Syrup
Optional – Monkfruit Powdered (to sprinkle on top)
This recipe starts with my homemade Keto Blueberry Bread.
Make sure to follow each step in the recipe card at the bottom of the post. Don’t skip toasting the bread in the oven to dry it out.
It’s such a simple batter mixture that makes this Keto Blueberry French Toast Casserole taste so amazing!
The small dollops of cream cheese and pecans give Keto Blueberry French Toast Casserole an incredible flavor with just the right amount of texture and crunch.
I’ve had several ask if the Low Carb Blueberry French Toast Casserole can be made the evening before and then baked the next morning. I do not think that it would hold up soaking overnight in the egg mixture. You could get the casserole ready and leave the egg mixture in a bowl, then combine the two before baking.
Keto Blueberry French Toast Casserole turned out better than I ever imagined. I don’t often say that a keto friendly version tastes like the real thing, but in this case, I think it does. My 2 and 4 year old gobbled it up and asked for more.
My advice for this Keto Blueberry French Toast Casserole recipe? Create it for family and friends and watch them be amazed at how Keto can indeed taste delicious. We tested this recipe with my inlaws, and they loved it too.
I prefer to enjoy my Low Carb Blueberry French Toast Casserole with a little sugar-free syrup drizzled on top. A great keto friendly maple syrup is Lakanto Maple Syrup.
How to Make Keto Blueberry French Toast Casserole
Keto Blueberry French Toast Casserole
- Follow Instruction number 2 below to make my homemade Keto Blueberry Bread first.
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 6 eggs
- 4 oz cream cheese cut into small bits
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 9 X 13 casserole dish.
- First, make my Homemade Keto Blueberry Bread recipe (without the glaze) but leave out 1 of the eggs and the heavy whipping cream because you will need a bread that is a bit more sturdy to make the French Toast Casserole.
- Slice the bread into 12 equal slices and place on a cookie sheet in the oven. Bake one side for 10 minutes at 300 degrees then turn the bread over and bake the other side for 10 min. The purpose is to dry out the bread but not to brown it.
- Allow the bread to cool then cut up into small cubes.
- Spread out the blueberry bread cubes in the bottom of the casserole dish.
- Combine the heavy whipping cream, eggs, vanilla, and cinnamon in a bowl and beat with a mixer on medium/high until thoroughly combined.
- Drop the chopped pieces of cream cheese on top of the blueberry bread. Make sure to space them out evenly.
- Pour the egg mixture on top.
- Sprinkle chopped pecans on top of the Keto Blueberry French Toast Casserole.
- Bake for 23-30 minutes or until it reaches desired doneness.
Are you looking for More Keto Breakfast Recipes? Here are plenty more for you to check out!
Yum! You can make this early in the week and enjoy for several days.