This Keto White Chicken Chili is the perfect hearty soup that is fast, easy, and delicious. This low-carb white chicken chili is made using chicken breasts, heavy whipping cream, and other simple pantry staples and spices that take the flavor over the top.
Keto White Chicken Chili
It’s no secret that homemade chili makes an easy and delicious meal. I’m a huge fan of the tender chicken meat combined with the creamy texture of the whipping cream and cream cheese to make this simple keto white chicken chili. Get ready to fall in love with the flavor of this simple keto soup recipe.
Does White Chicken Chili Have Carbs?
The standard recipe for white chicken chili has many carbs, so you would want to avoid it if you are following a low-carb diet. However, this keto White Chicken Chili recipe omits the beans and uses only keto-friendly ingredients for a delicious low-carb version.
Ingredients needed to make this Low Carb White Chicken Chili recipe
- Chicken breasts – I use shredded chicken breasts, but you could use thighs instead
- Onion, garlic, and celery – add heartiness and flavor
- Chili powder, cumin, oregano, paprika, salt/pepper, and cayenne pepper (optional) – spices are the stars of this soup recipe to take the flavor over the top
- Heavy whipping cream – adds a deliciously rich flavor and creaminess
- Chicken stock – base of the soup
- Chopped green chiles – you’ve got to have green chilis for the best flavor in white chicken chili
- butter– for added flavor when sauteing veggies
- cream cheese– contributes to the creaminess of the soup and adds flavor
- sour cream – a little goes a long way for an added depth of flavor
- pepper jack & cheddar cheese – cheese makes everything better
- xanthan gum
- Cilantro & Jalapeno for garnishing