When I posted my Pumpkin Bread recipe last week, I had no idea how popular it would be. I knew my family loved it, but everyone has different tastes, so you just don’t ever know what will happen when you publish a new recipe. I’ve gotten tons of incredible feedback. Mostly, I’ve heard that it’s not eggy at all or dry like many keto breads. I thought I’d change it up a little and turn it into Pumpkin Cream Cheese Muffins. The batter is the same, but I swirled a cream cheese filling into the batter and doubled the original recipe. I love how it turned out! As I shared in the Pumpkin Bread post, any kind of recipe that I have adapted to keto/low carb is a very good replacement. However, it will never taste just like its counterpart full of white fluffy sugar and flour. Having the appropriate expectation will keep disappointment at bay. These are a really good alternative and a welcome breakfast or a sweet treat.
Serves: approx 20
- 6 eggs
- ½ cup coconut oil, melted
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 tablespoon + 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 1½ cup powdered Swerve
- 1½ tsp vanilla
- ½ cup + 2 tablespoons coconut flour
- ½ tsp salt
- 1½ tsp baking powder
- 3 oz cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 tablespoon heavy whipping cream
- 1½ tablespoon powdered Swerve
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
- Melt coconut oil and butter.
- Beat eggs, swerve, pumpkin puree, sour cream, vanilla, and pumpkin pie spice until combined.
- Slowly add coconut oil and butter to the mixture.
- In a separate bowl, combine coconut flour, salt, and baking powder.
- Add flour mixture to other ingredients and mix well.
- Combine the ingredients for the filling and mix well with a blender.
- Fill greased muffin tins with batter, then spoon approx ½ teaspoon cream cheese mixture on top. (I lined my muffin tins with parchment paper.)
- With a toothpick, swirl the cream cheese mixture into the batter.
- Bake in a 350-degree oven for 20-25 minutes or until a knife inserted comes out clean.
*Nutritional Information According to MyFitnessPal App for 20 muffins (serving size 1) – Calories 147, Fat 12.7g, Protein 3.4g, Carbs 3g – Fiber 0.3 = Net Carbs 2.7g
Sugar alcohols from Swerve are not included in the nutritional information.
Don’t miss all of my Keto/Low Carb recipes in my Keto Recipe Index.
These turned out so good and moist full of pumpkin deliciousness.