Keto Sausage Platter with Cheese and Pickles
This Cheese and Sausage Platter with Pickles is a fun and easy appetizer that is delicious, full of flavor, and keto and low carb friendly. It’s great for entertaining guests or as a fancy appetizer for the family that stays within the guidelines of the keto diet. Sausage and cheese? Yes, please! Plus it is super simple to make at the last minute and everyone loves it.
The Best Keto Sausage Platter
One of our favorite local restaurants has a fantastic cheese and sausage platter with pickles that is the best keto-friendly appetizers. As I’ve been thinking about various keto appetizers, we can make for the Holiday Season. This particular dish came to mind. It is very simple, and it might sound a little different at first, but my hubby and big kids love this Keto Sausage Platter with cheese and pickles. Imagine a cheese plate without all the carb-laden crackers, then mixed up in one dish. Sounds pretty amazing, right?
This Keto Sausage Platter starts with sliced and sauteed sausage. Then you add sliced cheese cubes, sliced pickle spears, and banana peppers. The sausage gets a nice color and slightly warms up the other ingredients. I had thought about arranging everything separately on a platter, but my family is very adamant that combining everything together is what makes this appetizer amazing. They love the fact that the cheese and the pickles are warm. It’s comforting, but feels a little fancy. And best of all, it’s totally keto and low carb friendly! Serve this keto sausage platter at a potluck, party, game day celebration, or enjoy it at home with your loved ones!
Sausage Platter Ingredients:
The best thing about this recipe is that it’s completely customizable! I like to switch my platter ingredients up from time to time. Here are some of the ingredients and extras you’ll want for this recipe:
- Smoked sausage — My family and I prefer all-beef sausage, so that’s what we tend to use. You’ll want about 14 ounces for this keto sausage platter.
- Cheese cubes — Who doesn’t love cheese? I used Monterrey Jack cheese cubes and sliced them in half to make them a bit smaller. I find that the full cubes can get a bit overwhelming.
- Pickles — Pickles give this sausage platter a vinegary hit that really helps balance the richness of the sausage and cheese. I like using dill pickle spears. Once chopped, they are a perfect size.
- Banana peppers — This ingredient is optional, but highly recommended. I love the acidic bite of the banana peppers in this recipe. If you or your kids dislike them, feel free to leave them out!
- Old Bay seasoning — Old Bay perfectly compliments the smoky, cheesy, salty, and acidic flavors of the other ingredients. If you don’t already have some in your pantry, I highly recommend seeking it out. However, you could substitute another seasoning of choice, like chili powder, cajun seasoning, or smoked paprika.
How to Make a Cheese & Sausage Platter with Pickles:
Step 1: First, you start with smoked sausage. I bought the all-beef nitrate free at Walmart and sliced it evenly. Saute the smoked sausage in 1/2 tablespoon of the Old Bay Seasoning in a skillet until browned. Once they’re done, allow them to drain on a plate lined with paper towels.
Step 2: Then, I sliced cheese cubes, pickle spears, and the banana peppers. Let the pickles and the banana peppers drain a bit. We don’t want a ton of excess juice, but a little bit is okay.
Step 3: Finally, layer the smoked sausage, cheese, pickle spears, and banana peppers on a platter then sprinkle the rest of the Old Bay Seasoning on top. You’re done! You and your family will love this delicious keto appetizer.
What else can I add to the Cheese and Sausage Platter?
The sky’s the limit, friends! This Keto Sausage Platter is entirely versatile. Feel free to use different kinds of cheese, omit the banana peppers, or change up the pickles however you prefer. You could even add other ingredients that compliment the flavors in this dish. A few ideas that come to mind are roasted red peppers, olives, and pickled jalapeños if you’re a fan of spicy foods. I like to mix my sausage platter together, but you could keep the ingredients separate if you’d like. It’s so easy to customize this keto appetizer to suit your fancy and your family’s preferences!
What’s the best dish to use for a sausage platter?
Since all of the ingredients get mixed together in this recipe, I like to use a serving platter with raised sides. This prevents the ingredients from spilling out all over the place. It also allows you to combine and mix the ingredients in the dish itself, preventing you from washing an extra dish! I like to use a pretty dish to make my sausage platter visually appealing, especially when we have guests over.
More Keto Appetizer Recipes:
Keto Appetizers are easy to make and a perfect addition to a family gathering or game day celebration. I’ve listed some of my most popular keto appetizers below. Find appetizer inspiration for every occasion!
Grilled Keto Buffalo Chicken Wings
Award Winning Sausage & Cheese Dip
How to Make Keto Sausage Platter with Cheese & Pickles.
Cheese & Sausage Platter with Pickles (Keto & Low Carb Friendly)
- 14 oz smoked all beef sausage, sliced
- 5 pickle spears, chopped
- 10 Monterrey Jack cheese cubes, sliced in half
- 8 banana pepper slices, chopped
- 1 tbsp Old Bay Seasoning
- Saute the smoked sausage in 1/2 tablespoon of the Old Bay Seasoning in a skillet until browned.
- Drain the sausage on paper towels.
- Drain the excess juice from pickles and banana peppers.
- Layer the smoked sausage, cheese, pickle spears, and banana peppers on a platter then sprinkle the rest of the Old Bay Seasoning on top.
I just started Keto two days ago. Keto or not….this looks fantastic! Just added smoked beef sausage to my Keto grocery list ♥ Signed up for your newsletter Ü
Awesome! Hope things are going good!