Now that Thanksgiving is over, the Christmas holiday season has begun, which means family gatherings and holiday parties galore. Since my family has several celebrations that center around appitizers, I thought I’d start working on a few recipes that we would be able to enjoy. These Bacon Wrapped Cheese Sticks are so easy to make. I tried making them two different ways. First, I used the air fryer and while they turned out okay, I had to cook them much longer and ended up losing quite a bit of the cheese stick since it started to melt. So, I got out my cast iron skillet, added a little olive oil and fried them in hot oil. They got crispy so much faster! I may have cooked mine a few more minutes than necesary, but I prefer my bacon very crispy. They turned out great!
If you aren’t already following my Easy Keto/Low Carb Recipe Page on Facebook where I post all my new recipes, you can join here and follow me on Pinterest here. Doesn’t that piping hot cheese oozing out of the bacon look delicious? I’m telling you these were SO GOOD! I’m such a wimp. I HATE TOUCHING RAW MEAT! Yuck. These gloves are life savers for me. Once I got the cheese sticks out of the freezer I started on one end of the cheese stick and wrapped the bacon around all the way to the other end. I tried not to overlap too much so that as much of the bacon would get crispy as possible. Then, when I got to the other end, I secured the bacon with a toothpick.
- 6 Mozzarella Cheese Sticks
- 6 slices of bacon
- approx 1 cup olive oil for frying depending on the size of your frying pan.
- Freeze the cheese sticks over night.
- Wrap a slice of bacon around each cheese stick starting at one end and rolling carefully until the other end. I wrapped the bacon around the ends and secured it in place with a toothpick. I tried to minimally overlap the bacon so that all of it would get crispy.
- Heat about ½ inch of olive oil in a cast iron skillet.
- Carefully place bacon wrapped cheese stick in frying pan and turn as each side gets brown and crispy so that the bacon cooks on all sides.
- Remove from oil when the bacon is crispy and brown on all sides and place on a plate covered with paper towels to absorb excess oil.
Nutritional Information based on MyFitnessPal App – Calories 120, Fat 9.5, Protein 9.5, Carbs 0.5 per Bacon Wrapped Cheese Stick
*The oil used for frying is not included in the nutritional information as most of it was left behind in the frying pan.