This Keto Sheet Pan Sausage and Veggies is sure to be a family favorite. With tasty smoked sausage and tender roasted vegetables, this one-pan meal is easy to make and delicious.
Keto Sheet Pan Sausage and Veggies
If you love keto sheet pan meals, this recipe if for you! It is made with peppers, squash, broccoli, and onions making this dinner low in carbs but high in nutrients! If you’ve never had a sheet pan meal before, you are missing out! They are an entire meal (usually dinner) spread out onto a sheet pan or baking sheet. The meal will consist of a protein and veggies seasoned well and roasted in the oven. The idea is, by the time your protein is cooked through, your veggies will be perfectly tender. The result is an entirely cooked meal in one shot with one pan!
They are easy meals perfect for busy nights or when you’re short on time. Since my hubby and kids love smoked kielbasa type sausage, I wanted to make a one-pan dinner that I knew everyone would enjoy and was healthy, so this one was a hit. A bonus about sheet pan meals is that clean up is a breeze!
Sheet Pan Ingredients:
- Smoked sausage- I like using smoked sausage or kielbasa in my sheet pan meal. It is easy to slice up and so flavorful.
- Vegetables- For this keto sheet pan meal, I used veggies that were low in carbs like zucchini, bell peppers, broccoli, squash, and onions.
- Seasoning- Old Bay is the seasoning blend I chose for this meal. It reminds me of summer and is full of all kinds of spices.
Steps for making your keto sheet pan meal:
Step 1: Preheat your oven to 400 degrees F.
Step 2: Cover a sheet pan with parchment paper. Wash and dry your veggies and cut them all the same size in approx one-inch chunks. Combine all the veggies in a bowl. Then slice the sausage in one-inch circles.
Step 3: Add the sausage to the veggies then add olive oil and seasoning. Stir until the sausage and veggies are evenly coated and pour onto a large baking sheet in a single layer.
Step 4: Bake for 8 minutes, then turn everything over and bake for another 8 minutes or until veggies reach desired doneness. Serve warm!
What is a sheet pan dinner?
A sheet pan dinner is a dinner that only needs one pan for the entire meal from start to finish. It makes preparing dinner and clean up extremely simple. Since all of the ingredients, in this case, the smoked sausage and vegetables, are cooked together, the flavors blend and create an extra flavorful meal.
I love how versatile sheet pan meals are, especially on the keto diet. You can choose a protein that you like and add whatever vegetables you have in your freezer or fridge! The best part is experimenting with seasonings. Make it spicy if you want by adding cayenne pepper or jalapenos, add garlic cloves to infuse a roasted garlic flavor into your meal, Italian seasoning for a different flavor, or add lots of fresh herbs to your pan mixed with oil.
Sheet pan dinner variations:
Here are some keto-friendly veggies that would be great substitutions for this sheet pan meal:
- red/yellow/green peppers
- garlic cloves
- brussels sprouts
- green beans
Tips for keto-friendly sheet pan meals
- Chopping your veggies: Sheet pan meals are great because you can easily chop everything up in small chunks. With that said, you have to think about the cooking time of each ingredient on your sheet pan. Some vegetables can take longer to cook than others, so keep that in mind. If a certain vegetable requires a longer cook time, you may need to chop that veggie up smaller in size.
- Use parchment paper: Parchment paper is so great for baking, especially if you want to crisp up your veggies nicely without having them stick! The bonus is that all the mess will be left on the paper, so clean up is super easy!
- High temperature! I roasted my veggies at 400 degrees F because I knew the veggies wouldn’t take long to cook. I also know that kielbasa is already pre-cooked, so all I am looking for is a nice char and color on my veggies, and a high temp will do this!
- Don’t overcrowd your pan! Try not to over-crowd your sheet pan. Doing this will prevent your veggies from browning and crisping up. They will end up steaming instead of roasting. If you need to make a double batch, just use two separate sheet pans!
- Cleaning and drying your vegetables. To clean my veggies, I prefer to soak them in the sink in water with about 1/4 cup vinegar. Then, rinse well and lay them on a towel to dry. If you are in a hurry, you can pat them dry. It is important to make sure they are nice and dry so that the oil can coat them for the spices to stick.
- Meal prepping: A simple way to meal prep this recipe is to cut everything on your meal prep day and then store it in an airtight container or freezer bag in the fridge until it’s time to cook everything.
Can I eat sausage on keto?
You CAN eat sausage on the keto diet; however, not all sausage is created equally. Some sausage might have more carbs than others, so I always check the labels and choose the sausage that has the least amount of carbs. When possible, a nitrate-free version is ideal since it is healthier.
What Kind of Smoked Sausage Do I Use in This Recipe?
While you can use whatever sausage you prefer, but I used Sam’s Choice All Natural Beef Smoked Sausage from Walmart. It has a great flavor, and it is only 1g carbs. If you choose another brand of sausage, you’ll want to check the carb count.
Other sausage variations:
While I use beef sausage in this one-pan sausage and veggies meal, you can use pork, turkey, or chicken sausage instead. Don’t forget about the other sausage varieties that are out there that also add lots of flavors!
- andouille sausage
- bratwurst sausage
- Italian sausage (hot or sweet)
- chorizo sausage
How Long to Cook Sheet Pan Sausage and Veggies?
When you are cooking this sheet pan veggies and sausage recipe, you’ll bake at 400 degrees F for about 18 minutes. Make sure to turn the sausage and vegetables halfway through the cooking time, so everything cooks evenly. Also, all ovens bake differently, so be mindful that it could be ready before the suggested baking time.
Can I Cook this recipe in my air fryer?
Making this recipe in the air fryer is easy. You will want to set the air fryer to 400 degrees F and cook for 8 minutes. Around the halfway mark, shake the basket. Depending on the size of your air fryer, you may need to cook it in two batches.
More Smoked Sausage Recipes:
- Smoked Sausage & Cabbage
- Keto Sausage Platter with Cheese and Pickles
- Broccoli and Smoked Sausage Casserole
- Baked Italian Sausage Parm
If you are looking for more sheet pan recipes, you will also like:
- Oven-Baked Pork Chops & Broccoli One Pan Meal
- Easy Keto Baked Chicken Fajita
- Keto Sheet Pan Hibachi Beef & Vegetables
How to Make Keto Sheet Pan Sausage and Veggies:
Keto Sheet Pan Sausage and Veggies
- 1/2 onion
- 1 small squash
- 1 small zucchini
- 6 oz broccoli florets (approx 2 cups)
- 1/2 red pepper
- 14 oz smoked sausage
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp old bay seasoning
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Cover a sheet pan with parchment paper.
- Wash and dry veggies then cut them all the same size in approx one-inch chunks. It’s important to cut them the same size so that they cook evenly.
- Combine all the veggies in a bowl.
- Slice the sausage in one-inch circles.
- Add the sausage to the veggies then add olive oil and seasoning.
- Stir until the sausage and veggies are evenly coated.
- Pour onto the cookie sheet in a single layer.
- Bake for 8 minutes, then turn everything over and bake for another 8 minutes or until veggies reach desired doneness.