If you want a great meal that the kids will love, look no further than our Keto Baked Chicken Fajitas! These are so easy to make and absolutely delicious. A perfect addition to your meal plan.
Keto Baked Chicken Fajitas
We love chicken fajitas. Since we started following a keto lifestyle, whenever we eat out at a Mexican Restaurant my hubby and I order fajitas and eat them over a bed of lettuce. It’s been such an easy transition for us not to eat the tortillas.
I thought it would be a perfect night for homemade baked chicken fajitas. Then, I remembered how good it tasted when I added a little bit of our kids’ cheese dip to my fajitas. I knew if I could create a keto friendly best queso recipe to serve with our fajitas at home our kids would be in hog heaven! I can assure you that the homemade queso with baked chicken fajitas did not disappoint! Oh, my stars! I felt like we were eating at our favorite Mexican Restaurant tonight without the hassle of getting all four kids out.
Keto Friendly Baked Fajitas
- 4-6 large boneless skinless chicken breasts cut into strips
- 1 medium purple onion sliced
- 1 green pepper sliced
- 1 red pepper sliced
- 4 garlic cloves minced
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 1 3/4 tsp cumin
- ½ tsp dried oregano
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Slice chicken and veggies into strips.
- In a large bowl combine the olive oil and spices. Mix well.
- Add the chicken and veggies to the seasoning mixture and stir until coated.
- Pour into greased 10X13 baking dish.
- Bake for 30-40 minutes or until chicken is cooked all the way through. Stir halfway through cooking.
- Serve with Keto Queso Dip.
Serving Keto Baked Chicken Fajitas
Once the fajitas are ready you can serve two different ways. Either keep the queso and fajitas separate, or pour the cheesy goodness right on top and serve as is or on a bed of lettuce. We decided to dive straight in and pour the homemade queso dip right on top. You can serve with lettuce, low carb tortillas, or tortillas depending on your dietary needs. You can also serve over cauliflower rice for a fun different way to enjoy the meal.
More Keto Recipes
Make sure to check out all of my Keto Recipes in my Keto Recipe Index. As a mom of four, I’m always trying to easy family friendly meals. There are tons of great ideas for meals that everyone will love. Below are some of our family favorites!
- Cheesy Mexican Chicken Skillet
- Low Carb Chicken Casserole
- Low Carb Chicken Pot Pie Soup
- Keto BBQ Chicken Casserole