Yesterday afternoon I was trying to figure out what to make for a keto friendly dinner that would not require me standing over the stove. My two year old had just woken up from her nap, I still needed to nurse the baby, and I wasn’t sure what time my husband would be leaving work. So, I knew it would be best if I could put something together that I could sit aside and then throw in the oven once my husband was on his way home from work. Then I remembered my Ground Mustard & Parmesan Pork Chops recipe. With just a couple of tweaks, I could easily make it keto friendly. By adding butter, the parmesan topping kind of fried in the oven. It reminded me of my grandmother’s friend pork chops. I would recommend bone-in pork chops to up the fat content, but I only had boneless on hand. I will definitely be adding this recipe to our regular dinner rotation.
Parmesan Crusted Pork Chops
- 8 center cut thin pork chops (can use bone-in or boneless
- 2 TBS coconut oil
- 2 TBS butter
- 3/4 cup parmesan cheese
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 Tbsp parsley
- 1 tsp thyme
- ½ tsp pink salt
- ¼ tsp pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Cover baking pan with parchment paper, then spray with cooking spray.
- In a bowl combine melted butter, coconut oil, parmesan cheese, and spices.
- Place pork chops on baking pan.
- Brush the spice and parmesan cheese mixture on top of pork chops.
- Bake for 20-25 min (depending on the thickness of pork chops), then broil for 3 min so that tops of pork chops can get golden brown. I always use a thermometer to check the temperature.
- Spoon extra butter in the baking pan on top of pork chops when serving.
Nutritional Information based on MyFitnessPal app: (4 servings) Calories – 509, Fat 31.8, Protein 51.8, Carbs 4.4, Fiber .3 = Net Carbs 4.1