I’m in several keto Facebook groups that have been very helpful since we started following a ketogenic lifestyle. I’ve found tons of great tips and recipes, like this one, that has made this transition much easier than expected. If you’ve not heard of keto, you can find a fabulous resource here that explains it in great detail. In a nutshell, we eat very high fat, moderate protein, and low carb. In the first month, I lost 9lbs and numerous inches and had more energy than I have had in a long time. It’s been very interesting as I’ve always avoided high-fat foods. In the beginning, I struggled with my mindset, but now that I know that it works I’ve been enjoying it. Here is one of our very favorite treats that are super low in carbs and delicious!
- 2 8oz Philadelphia cream cheese
- ½ cup Swerve
- 2 eggs
- ½ tsp vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Soften cream cheese in the microwave.
- Add all other ingredients to cream cheese and mix on medium/high until completely smooth.
- Grease 12 muffin tins and pour equal amounts batter in each.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
- Best served cold with a couple of berries and a dollop of whipped topping.
Find other great keto recipes here.