Dessert is one thing I hate giving up no matter what diet I follow. That is why this Keto Easy Strawberry Pie is a great choice for a keto or lowcarb lifestyle. It gives me the flavor and sweetness I love without going outside of my macros.
Keto Easy Strawberry Pie
I love anything strawberry flavored. Strawberries are my most favorite fruit and thank goodness they are keto friendly in moderation. After I made my Very Best Keto/Low Carb Lemon Pie I thought that I could create a keto friendly easy strawberry pie as a spinoff of that recipe. This Keto /Low Carb Strawberry Pie is so easy to make and delicious. From start to finish it only takes a few minutes; in fact, you’ll spend more time waiting for it to set up in the freezer than making it. Also, if you don’t love keto approved flours, this recipe doesn’t contain any flour at all.
You can access all of my Keto/Low Carb Recipes in my Keto/Low Carb Recipe Index or follow me on Pinterest for fabulous Keto/Low Carb Recipe Ideas. If you are just getting started following a keto diet and would like more information, there are tons of fantastic resources. Amazon has several excellent books you may want to check out here.
How to Make a Keto-Friendly Easy Strawberry Pie
First, crush the pecans for the crust.
Add butter and Swerve granulated sweetener to the crushed pecan mixture and pulse to combine all ingredients.
Pour pecan crust into greased pie pan and use the back of a greased spoon to smooth and spread the crust.
In a bowl, use a mixer to beat heavy whipping cream for several minutes on medium/high until the heavy whipping cream begins to form stiff peaks.
In a separate bowl, combine chopped strawberries, softened cream cheese (Philadelphia has the least amount of carbs compared to generic versions), Swerve confectioners, and vanilla.
Beat on high until all the ingredients are combined and the strawberries begin to break down. When they do, you will notice that the mixture turns pink.
Add the beaten heavy whipping cream to the strawberry mixture.
Beat again until all the ingredients are thoroughly combined, and the easy Strawberry Pie filling is smooth.
Spoon the pie filling into the pie pan and freeze for a couple of hours so that it sets before serving.
Serving Keto Friendly Easy Strawberry Pie
It is so important to be patient while this sets up in the freezer. Since you aren’t using gelatin in this easy strawberry pie recipe to help set it, you have to depend on the freezer.
When you pull this out of the freezer to serve, run a knife under hot water before slicing. This little tip makes sure you have nice clean cuts and that the Keto strawberry pie recipe will be easy to serve. Top each slice with a sliced strawberry and a sprig of mint for a beautiful serving option!
Easy & Delicious Keto Strawberry Pie
For the Crust:
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 2 tbsp butter, melted
- 1 tsp Monkfruit Classic
For the Pie Filling:
- 8 oz Philadelphia Cream Cheese, softened
- 1 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 cup strawberries, chopped
- 2/3 cup Monkfruit Powdered
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
For the Crust:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Crush pecans finely.
- Add butter and Monkfruit Classic to crushed pecans and mix thoroughly. I added the ingredients to my mini processor and pulsed until all of the ingredients were combined.
- Grease a pie pan then add crust mixture.
- Grease the back of a spoon and use it to carefully smooth the pecan mixture in the bottom of the pie pan and up the sides.
- Bake for 10 minutes and allow to cool.
For the Filling:
- In a large bowl, beat the heavy whipping cream until it forms stiff peaks.
- In a separate bowl, add one cup chopped strawberries, softened cream cheese, Monkfruit Powdered, and vanilla then beat on medium speed until the mixture is smooth and the strawberries begin to break down turning the filling pink.
- Add the heavy whipping cream to the strawberry mixture and beat again until smooth.
- Pour filling mixture into pecan crust and freeze for 1 to 2 hours before serving so that it sets up. (You may store pie in fridge and pop in the freezer for about an hour or two before serving.)
More Keto Dessert Recipes