Dessert is one thing I hate giving up. That is why this Easy Keto Strawberry Pie recipe is an excellent choice for a keto or low-carb lifestyle. It gives me the flavor and sweetness I love without adding sugar to my diet.
EASY KETO STRAWBERRY PIE
I love anything strawberry flavored. Fresh strawberries are my most favorite fruit, and thank goodness they are keto-friendly in moderation. After I made my Very Best Keto/Low Carb Lemon Pie, I thought that I could create a keto-friendly strawberry pie as a spinoff of that recipe.
This Low Carb Strawberry Pie is so easy to make and delicious. From start to finish, it only takes a few minutes; in fact, you’ll spend more time waiting for it to set up in the freezer than making it. Also, if you don’t love keto-approved flours, this recipe doesn’t contain any flour at all.
- Pecans – chopped finely for the crust
- Butter – used as a binder to combine the ingredients for the crust
- Lakanto Monkfruit Powdered & Classic – keto-friendly sweetener you can also sub Swerve sweetener of the appropriate variety (Confectioners for Powdered or classic for granulated)
- Strawberries – washed, stemmed, and diced
- Cream Cheese – softened so that it creates a smooth pie filling
- Heavy Whipping Cream – part of the base of the pie
- Vanilla Extract– adds flavor
How to Make this sugar free fresh strawberry pie
For the Crust:
Step 1: Preheat the oven degrees. Crush pecans finely. I used a chopper/mini processor. You could also use a blender or food processor.
Step 2: Add butter and Monkfruit Classic to crushed pecans and mix thoroughly. I added the ingredients to my mini processor and pulse until all of the ingredients were combined.
Step 3: Add the crust mixture to a greased pie pan. Grease the back of a spoon and use it to carefully smooth the pecan mixture in the bottom of the pie pan and up the sides. Bake and allow to cool.
For the Low Carb Strawberry Pie Filling:
Step 1: In a large bowl, beat the heavy whipping cream until it forms stiff peaks.
Step 2: In a separate bowl, using a hand mixer, beat on medium speed the cream cheese, Lakanto Monkfruit Powdered, diced strawberries, and vanilla extract until the mixture is smooth. The strawberries will break apart as you mix them together, which will turn the filling pink.
Tip: If you find that your cream cheese is still a little clumpy, let the pie filling sit out for 5-10 min and then mix it again.
Step 3: Put together the two bowls and beat with a mixer until everything is mixed.
Step 4: Pour the filling mixture into pecan crust.
Tip: Many people that have made this pie double the recipe for the crust to make it thicker. I kept it thinner to keep macros in mind as it would make the calories, carbs, and fat much higher.
Step 5: Freeze the Keto Strawberry Pie for 1 to 2 hours before serving or until it sets up. (You may store pie in the fridge and pop it in the freezer for about an hour or two before serving or keep it in the fridge and set it out on the counter 30 before servings.)
Serving Keto-Friendly Strawberry Pie
It is so important to be patient while it sets up in the freezer. Since you aren’t using gelatin in this strawberry pie recipe to help set it, you have to depend on the freezer.
When you pull this out of the freezer to serve, run a knife under hot water before slicing. This little tip makes sure you have nice clean cuts and that the Keto strawberry pie recipe will be easy to serve. Top each slice with a sliced strawberry and a sprig of mint for a beautiful serving option!
Can you use frozen strawberries in this strawberry pie?
You can, but you need to be very careful with frozen fruit. It tends to hold more liquid than fresh fruit, and that liquid will release once it starts to thaw. In addition, frozen fruit often times contains more net carbs than fresh fruit. This can cause your pie to become a sugary, soggy mess if you’re not careful. Personally, I prefer to use fresh.
What other fruit can be used to make this homemade keto pie?
If you want to switch out the fruit and have different flavors, you can! Blueberries, blackberries, or raspberries would work. Have fun changing up the fruits to change up the flavor fast! Make sure to check out my easy and delicious recipes for Keto Lemon Pie, Keto Key Lime Pie, or Keto Pumpkin Pie that use the same pecan pie crust as the base.
How to Store this low carb strawberry pie
If you have any low-carb pie leftover, store it in a container with a lid and place it in the fridge. I prefer to store it in the freezer then set it out for about 30 min before enjoying it.
Keto Lifestyle Resources
If you are new to the keto diet and looking for some help, we have tons of tips to share with you. You can start with our Guide to Beginning the Keto Diet and move on to our multiple Free Keto Meal Plans and recipes that make your day-to-day process easier to manage. I have compiled a fantastic list of resources for the Keto Diet for Beginners that will be helpful. You’ll also want to check out these top 5 benefits of the Keto Diet.
You can access all of my Keto/Low Carb Recipes in my Keto/Low Carb Recipe Index or follow me on Pinterest for fabulous Keto/Low Carb Recipe Ideas. If you are just getting started following a keto diet and would like more information, there are tons of fantastic resources. Amazon has several excellent books you may want to check out here.
More Keto Dessert Recipes
- Easy Keto Peanut Butter Balls
- Best Keto Peanut Butter Cheesecake Bites
- Delicious Keto Cheesecake Fat Bombs
- Keto Chocolate Pie with a Pecan Crust (Decadent & Fudgy)
More Keto Strawberry Recipes
- Mouthwatering Strawberry Low Carb Bread
- Strawberry Keto Fat Bombs
- Easy Keto Strawberry Cheesecake Topping
- Best Easy Keto Strawberry Shortcake with 90-second bread
Easy Sugar-free Keto Strawberry Pie Recipe
For the Crust:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Crush pecans finely.
- Add butter and Monkfruit Classic to crushed pecans and mix thoroughly. I added the ingredients to my mini processor and pulse until all of the ingredients were combined.
- Grease a pie pan, then add crust mixture.
- Grease the back of a spoon and use it to carefully smooth the pecan mixture in the bottom of the pie pan and up the sides.
- Bake for 10 minutes and allow to cool.
For the Filling:
- In a large bowl, beat the heavy whipping cream until it forms stiff peaks.
- In a separate bowl, beat on medium speed the cream cheese, Lakanto Monkfruit Powdered, diced strawberries, and vanilla until the mixture is smooth. The strawberries will break apart as you mix them together, which will turn the filling pink.
- Combine the two bowls and beat with a mixer until everything is combined.
- Pour the filling mixture into pecan crust.
- Freeze the Keto Strawberry Pie for 1 to 2 hours before serving or until it sets up. (You may store pie in the fridge and pop it in the freezer for about an hour or two before serving or keep it in the fridge and set it out on the counter 30 before servings.