We love pumpkin around here, my husband especially, so I thought I’d surprise him with homemade pumpkin cookies tonight. I haven’t had a lot of success when making keto/low carb cookies. They usually feel like a dessert of sand in my mouth, which isn’t very enjoyable. So, since my pumpkin bread has been such a hit, I thought I would tweak that recipe to make cookies instead. I changed up the ingredients a bit so that it would make a sturdier cookie. I was very pleased with the final result. When your non-keto kids come back for seconds and thirds you know you have a winner. These cookies are very soft and chewy and the texture is different than the carb- gluten-filled cookies that we are used to in our former way of eating. However, they are very moist and flavorful. I just want to set up the right expectation if you are brand new to following a ketogenic/low carb lifestyle. Nothing you make will taste exactly like the white flour and sugary counterparts, however, there are great alternatives out there to satisfy when cravings hit. With that being said, these Pumpkin Cookies are a fabulous option for the keto/low carb lifestyle.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Soften butter and cream cheese.
- Beat butter, cream cheese, eggs, swerve, pumpkin puree, vanilla, and pumpkin pie spice until combined.
- In a separate bowl, combine coconut flour, salt, and baking powder.
- Add flour mixture to other ingredients and mix well.
- Finally, stir in chocolate chips.
- Put dough in
refrigeratorfor 30 minutes before baking.
- Scoop dough on parchment paper on a cookie sheet.
- Bake in a 375-degree oven for approx 12-14 minutes or until
bottomof cookies begin to brown.
Nutritional Information Based on MyFitnessPal App – Calories 25g, Fat 1.1g, Protein 1.2g, Carbs 1.6g – Fiber 0.2 = 1.4 Net Carbs per cookie based on 30 cookies
And if you love all hings Pumpkin and Fall – you’ll definitely want to check out how to get FREE Mrs. Meyers Cleaning Products in Fall Scents from Grove!
Choose from Pumpkin, Mum and Apple Cider scented home and cleaning products – for FREE. Get all the details here.