My oldest daughter asked me to make pumpkin bread yesterday. She loves my whole wheat pumpkin bread recipe but thought I might be able to create a keto/low carb friendly one. Although my kids are not 100% keto, I think she wanted me to bake something that I could enjoy as well. After a little trial and error, I think I have come up with a yummy keto/low carb pumpkin bread recipe. Now, let me set the expectation for you as I did get a little disheartened in the beginning of my keto journey when I saw recipes that said they “tasted like the real thing.” This does not taste like the kind of sugary pumpkin bread that we were all used to before we started following a keto/low carb way of life. There is not one low carb ingredient that I can substitute that tastes the same as a fluffy flour full of gluten. With that being said, this is a very very good alternative. It’s both moist and full of pumpkin flavor while being low carb, which is most important. This recipe makes 2 mini loaves. If you double it, you can make one regular sized loaf.
Serves: 2 mini muffin loaves
- 3 eggs
- ¼ cup coconut oil, melted
- 1 tablespoon butter
- ½ cup pumpkin puree
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1 tablespoon sour cream
- ¾ cup powdered Swerve
- 1 tsp vanilla
- ¼ cup + 1 tablespoon coconut flour
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¾ tsp baking powder
- 2 tablespoon of powdered Swerve
- 1 teaspoon melted butter
- Approx 1 teaspoon heavy whipping cream
- Melt coconut oil and butter.
- Beat eggs, swerve, pumpkin puree, sour cream, vanilla, and pumpkin pie spice until combined.
- Slowly add coconut oil and butter to the mixture.
- In a separate bowl, combine coconut flour, salt, and baking powder.
- Add flour mixture to other ingredients and mix well.
- Pour into 2 greased mini loaf pans (or cover in parchment paper).
- Bake in a 350-degree oven for approx 45 minutes or until a fork inserted in center comes out clean.
- Melt butter and add
- Pour heavy whipping cream over mixture until it thins out. Can add more or less if needed.
- Drizzle over warm bread.
Nutritional Information Based on MyFitnessPal app (8 servings) – 105 calories, fat 10.3g, protien .3, carbs 1.98 – 0.4375 = 1.55 Net Carbs
*Sugar Alcohols in Swerve are not calculated in carbs.