This homemade Keto Chocolate Pie recipe is everything you want from a low carb chocolate dessert! A crunchy pecan pie crust is filled with a creamy chocolate mousse and topped with freshly whipped cream. The result is pure, sugar-free decadence.
How to make chocolate silk pie keto-friendly
Chocolate cream pies are one of those desserts that everyone loves. Even if you don’t have a huge sweet tooth, you’ll be licking your fingers after eating this silky keto chocolate pie. The filling resembles a chocolate mousse that is fluffy and super creamy. There are three separate tasks that are required to make this keto pie, but the extra effort is totally worth it. I especially love that this recipe is no-bake! (other than the crust) So I love to assemble it and let it chill in the fridge for a few hours or overnight to allow it to “set.”
Keto Chocolate Pie Ingredients:
- Pecans, butter, and Besti Monkfruit Allulose Blend Crystalized sweetener: This makes a deliciously crunchy keto crust. The pecans add those healthy omegas. Check out other keto nut crust options below.
- Heavy whipping cream, cocoa powder, cream cheese: This makes your luscious mousse filling for your chocolate pie.
- Besti Monk fruit Allulose Blend Powdered Sweetener: This sweetener is used in the homemade keto whipped cream, AND in the sugar-free chocolate pie filling. Check out other sugar-free sweeteners you can use below.
- Sugar-free Lily’s Chocolate Chips: This is melted and added to your cream cheese mixture for an added chocolate boost! Lily’s chocolate chips, sweetened with stevia, are fantastic for the keto diet.
Steps for how to make keto chocolate pie:
Step 1: Grease a deep dish 9” pie plate. Crush pecans then add butter and sweetener. You can use a food processor, chopper, or blender to crush the pecans. Mix well.
Step 2: Press your crust into the bottom of your pie dish and up the sides a bit. Bake for 10 min then remove from the oven and allow to cool completely.
Step 3: While it is baking, add the 3 cups heavy whipping cream and sweetener to a bowl and beat for approx. 5 minutes or until stiff peaks form. Your whipped cream should have doubled in size.
Tip: Make sure the bowl and any utensils you use are completely dry. If the bowl is fresh out of the dishwasher and still warm, you’ll want to chill it in the fridge before using it. Otherwise, it can interfere with the heavy whipping cream fluffing into stiff peaks.
Step 4: Add softened cream cheese, cocoa powder, sweetener, and beat until combined. In another small microwave-proof bowl, add the sugar-free chocolate chips and butter. Microwave until completely melted. Add the melted chocolate to the cream cheese mixture. Do not overcook the chocolate chips.
Step 5: Add the melted chocolate to the cream cheese mixture. Then fold in 3 cups of the homemade whipped cream until just combined.
Step 6: Spoon your chocolate mousse filling into the pie crust.
Step7: Top your finished chocolate cream pie with the remaining homemade whipped cream and garnish with sugar-free chocolate shavings. A Lily’s sugar-free chocolate bar works great. This step is optional, but it really makes the pie look so decadent.
Making your keto chocolate mousse
Chocolate mousse is pure heaven. Creamy, chocolatey, rich but still light. Who could hate that? If you love it as much as me and don’t want to make an entire pie to enjoy it, check out my keto chocolate mousse recipe! Cream cheese, butter, and heavy cream are high in fat, making it the perfect keto-friendly dessert. All you need to do is substitute the sugar for a sugar-free sweetener.
For this keto chocolate cream pie recipe, I used Besti Monk fruit Allulose Blend Powdered Sweetener, which I think has the least after-taste. If you want to use other sweeteners, you can use Swerve Confectioners, and Lakanto Monk Fruit Powdered, both have a 1:1 ratio with the sweetener I use.
Keto chocolate pie pecan crust
This crust mimics your traditional graham cracker crust but is the perfect keto version. You don’t want to leave it out! Baking it ahead of time allows the crust to become nice and crunchy. Pecans are high in omegas and good fats, which is what we want on the keto diet.
If you want to use a DIFFERENT nut to make your crust, you can, but it will slightly change the total net carbs per serving.
Other nuts that will work for your pie crust are:
- brazil nuts
Keto chocolate pie tips
Making keto chocolate mousse is NOT difficult; just make sure you don’t take shortcuts and follow each step accordingly.
- As with most pie recipes, prepping your ingredients ahead of time will ensure the best results.
- Allow your pecan crust to cool completely! This will ensure your chocolate pie mousse does not melt.
- If you want a super-thick crust, double your crust ingredients!
- Make sure the heavy whipping cream is very cold, and the bowl and utensils used to make the homemade whipped cream are dry. If the bowl is warm or if the heavy whipping cream has set out, it might not form stiff peaks.
- Use a rubber spatula to “fold” in your whipped cream. Folding whipped cream is a technique used in baking, especially with mousses. It maintains a light and airy batter.
- Make sure to chill your pie for at least an hour before serving.
Can you freeze your keto chocolate mousse pie?
Yes! A mousse pie should last up to 2 months in the freezer. Make sure to wrap it well with plastic wrap. I would also place the entire wrapped pie in a freezer-safe container to make sure it does not experience freezer burn.
Allow your pie to defrost in the fridge overnight for the best results!
Other chocolate keto desserts:
- Keto Peanut Butter Balls (with Chocolate Chips)
- The BEST Chocolate Keto Fat Bombs
- Best No-Bake Keto Peanut Butter Chocolate Bars
- Double Chocolate Chip Keto Cookies Recipe
- Peanut Butter Chocolate Keto Pie
More Keto Pie Recipes:
Don’t miss out!
If you are just getting started following a keto diet and would like more information, there are tons of fantastic resources. Amazon has several great books you may want to check out here.
Keto Chocolate Cream Pie Recipe:
Keto Chocolate Cream Pie
- 1 cup crushed pecans
- 2 TB butter melted
- 1 Tsp Besti Monk fruit Allulose Blend Crystalized Sweetener
Whipped Cream Ingredients:
- 3 cups heavy whipping cream
- ⅓ cup Besti Monk fruit Allulose Blend Powdered Sweetener
Chocolate Filling Ingredients:
- ½ cup cocoa
- 8 oz package cream cheese softened
- 1 ½ cup Besti Monk fruit Allulose Blend Powdered Sweetener
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 4 ounces sugar-free Lily’s Chocolate Chips
- 3 cups of the homemade sugar-free whipped topping
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Grease a deep dish 9” pie plate.
- Crush pecans, then add the butter and sweetener and mix well.
- Press crust into the bottom and slightly up the sides of a pie plate.
- Bake for 10 min then remove from the oven and allow to cool completely.
- While your crust is baking, add 3 cups heavy whipping cream and sweetener to a bowl and beat for approx. five minutes or until stiff peaks form, and it has doubled in size.
- In another bowl, add softened cream cheese, cocoa powder, sweetener, and beat until combined.
- In a small glass bowl, add your sugar-free chips, and butter. Microwave for 25 seconds, then stir. Microwave again for 10-15 seconds and stir. The chocolate mixture should completely melt and begin to smooth as you stir. If not, you can microwave for another 5 seconds but do not over-heat as the chocolate will seize.
- Add the melted chocolate to the cream cheese mixture and stir.
- Add 3 cups of the homemade whipped cream to the bowl and FOLD the whipped cream gently into the mixture until just combined.
- Spoon chocolate filling into your pecan pie crust.
- Top with the remaining homemade whipped cream and level it out.
- Garnish with shaved chocolate shavings from any sugar-free chocolate bar. (optional)
- Freeze for at least an hour before cutting.