This sugar-free keto Key Lime Pie with a crunchy pecan crust is the perfect combination of a tart low carb pie filling with a delicious crunchy pecan crust.
Best Keto Key Lime Pie Recipe
I might be just a little bit obsessed with this low carb key-lime pie. And while I don’t consider myself to have a major sweet tooth, there are times when it’s nice knowing that I can enjoy a piece of pie without having to overly worry about my carb counts.
What’s great about this low carb pie is that it’s made using real key lime juice and key lime zest, so it does a great job of packing in delicious key lime flavor.
It’s also a great keto pie to bring along to a family or friends gathering if you aren’t confident, there will be a keto dessert there that you can eat. But be ready…once people get wind that a key lime pie is there, they’ll be lining up to get a piece. Once you tell them that it’s keto-friendly and low carb, they won’t believe it tastes so creamy and delicious!
Is this sugar-free key lime pie easy to make?
In all reality, it is. While there are several steps and ingredients involved, I can assure you that the result is worth it.
I’ve made quite a few sugar free pies, and this is one of the best since Key Lime Pie is towards the top of my list of favorite desserts.
Tip: When making the pecan pie crust, it’s best to use a food processor or blender to get pecans very finely chopped. They need to be in tiny pieces so that they form a crust to hold together all of that delicious pie flavor.
Where can I buy key limes?
Most grocery stores carry key limes for you to purchase, but they may only offer them seasonally depending on where you live. Check in the produce section and look for key limes that are a bit squishy (but not too much!) to ensure that they’re ripe and will have a lot of key lime juice to use. If you can’t find key limes, regular limes will work, but it may take a little more juice and zest to get that tart flavor.
Tip: Before you start zesting, give the outsides of the lime a good cleaning! Scrubbing away dirt and grime is key, so it doesn’t end up in your mixture. I always soak mine in warm water with a little vinegar for a few minutes before scrubbing.
How many net carbs are in this sugar-free pie?
If you follow the recipes as it is below, there are five net carbs in a piece of this keto key lime pie. Not bad, right?! Now that you know the carb count, you enjoy this delicious pie guilt-free knowing it won’t derail your progress.
How to Store Keto Lime Pie with Pecan Crust
Once you’re made this sugar free key lime pie, make certain to store it properly. After freezing it so that it sets up, you can store it in the fridge, but it will soften like a pudding or mousse consistency. If you want more of an icebox pie consistency, you can store it in the fridge then set it out a bit before serving so that it thaws enough to slice. It depends on the what consistency you prefer as to if you want to keep it in the freezer or fridge.
Is it possible to freeze this sugar-free key lime pie?
You can freeze this low carb pie for later if you’d like just make sure that it is in a freezer-safe container. I would suggest slicing and freezing individual pieces so that you can grab a delicious piece of keto key lime pie when a craving hits.
Keto Specialty Ingredients You’ll Need to Make this Keto Pie Recipe
This low carb pie recipe contains only two ingredients that are considered keto specialty ingredients. Since those who follow a keto or low carb lifestyle avoid regular sugar, a sugar-free substitute is needed. I have found that Lakanto Monkfruit is the perfect substitute that cuts out refined sugar and still gives a sweet and delicious flavor.
- Lakanto Monkfruit Classic – You can also swap out for Swerve Granular
- Lakanto Monkfruit Powdered – Always my go-to choice! You can also consider Swerve Confectioners as well.
If this is your first time making homemade keto whipped topping you’ll love how quickly and easy it comes together plus you avoid so many processed ingredients.
My tip to you for making this delicious Keto Key Lime Pie with Pecan Crust?
Use your kitchen appliances to make the mixing a breeze. This is not one of those recipes that can be easily made with a whisk. You’ll need a good stand or hand mixer to get the delicious creamy filling with cream cheese and heavy cream to mix smoothly for this sugar-free pie.
More Keto Dessert Recipes You’ll Love:
Yum! Just one bite and you’ll be in love with this tangy-sweet keto key lime pie topped with homemade low carb whipped cream. The buttery pecan crust gives incredible depth and flavor that makes it over the top.
Creamy & Refreshing Keto Pie Recipes You’ll Love:
Easy Sugar-free Keto Key Lime Pie
For the Crust:
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 2 tbsp butter, melted
- 1 tsp Lakanto Monkfruit Classic
For the Pie Filling:
- 8 oz Philadelphia Cream Cheese, softened
- 1 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 10 tbsp Lakanto Monkfruit Powdered
- 5 tsp key lime zest
- 3 tbsp key lime juice
For the Pie Topping:
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 tbsp Lakanto Monkfruit Powdered
For the Crust:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Crush pecans finely.
- Add butter and Monkfruit Classic to crushed pecans and mix thoroughly. I added the ingredients to my mini processor and pulse until all of the ingredients were combined.
- Grease a pie pan then add crust mixture.
- Grease the back of a spoon and use it to carefully smooth the pecan mixture in the bottom of the pie pan and up the sides.
- Bake for 10 minutes and allow to cool.
For the Filling:
- In a large bowl, beat the heavy whipping cream until it forms stiff peaks.
- In a separate bowl, beat on medium speed the cream cheese, Lakanto Monkfruit Powdered, lime juice, and lime zest until the mixture is smooth. *You may need more or less lime juice and zest depending on the ripeness of your limes. Make sure to taste the mixture as you are preparing the recipe.
- Combine the two bowls and beat with a mixer until everything is combined.
- Pour filling mixture into pecan crust and set aside.
For the Topping:
- Combine the heavy whipping cream and Lakanto Monkfruit Powdered and beat until stiff peaks form.
- Spread the homemade whipped cream on top of the key lime layer.
- Freeze the Keto Key Lime Pie for 1 to 2 hours before serving or until it sets up. (You may store pie in fridge and pop in the freezer for about an hour or two before servng or keep it in the fridge and set out on the counter 30 minutes or so before serving.