I never realized how amazing a Keto Cauliflower Mac and Cheese recipe could be! Everyone said versions of this could be good, but I was dubious. This recipe changed my mind. This is truly amazing and a wonderful substitute for traditional pasta recipes.
Keto Cauliflower Mac and Cheese
If anyone is skeptical about cauliflower in a recipe, I can assure you it is me. I don’t love cauliflower raw and have only found that it is good in recipes where I can’t taste or smell it at all. When my hairdresser, Paul, told me that he had an amazing mock Keto Cauliflower Mac and Cheese recipe I did not have high expectations.
In fact, after he gave me his recipe, I didn’t make it for months. A couple of weeks ago after I put my Keto Pot Roast in the slow cooker, I wanted some kind of comfort veggie to go with it. I haven’t been able to perfect a mashed cauliflower recipe yet, so I decided to pull Paul’s recipe out of the notes on my phone and give it a try.
Let me just say, that it is now one of my favorite Keto side dishes. I cannot even believe I am saying this, but I am in love with this! It is absolutely delish. We had my in-laws over for dinner the first time I made it, and they loved it. Out of my four kids, my oldest loved it, my son hates cauliflower and is a little jaded from the previous recipe fails, so he wasn’t interested in eating it at all. The three yr old said that she didn’t like mac n cheese anymore after taking a bite, but the one yr old ate four helpings. You can’t win them all, especially with cauliflower, but for the adults, it was a hit hands down!
Cooking Tip for Cauliflower Mac and Cheese
This keto cauliflower mac and cheese is delicious with crispy bacon sprinkled on top and is a meal in itself. I’ve been eating it like this for lunch this week, and it tastes fantastic! You could even dice up ham or chicken and mix into the recipe if you prefer.
Cauliflower Mac N Cheese
- 2 heads fresh cauliflower (approx 8 cups chopped)
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1 block cream cheese
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 12 oz sharp cheddar cheese, grated
- 4 oz mozzarella cheese, grated
- 4 oz parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 tbsp garlic powder
- 1 tbsp Italian Seasoning
- 1 tsp paprkia
- 1 tsp parsley
- salt/pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees and grease a 9 X 13 casserole dish.
- Wash cauliflower and cut into bite-size florets (so that it resembles the size of mac noodles).
- Add 1/4 cup water to a bowl with cauliflower and microwave for 10 minutes then drain.
- In a saucepan, add butter, heavy whipping cream, and garlic. Add softened cream cheese and stir with a whisk until thoroughly combined.
- Then, add cheeses stirring constantly reserving 1/4 cup of cheddar cheese for topping.
- Pour cheese mixture over cauliflower and stir until thoroughly covered.
- Pour into casserole dish.
- Top with the 1/4 cup reserved cheese and paprika, Italian seasoning, and parsley.
- Bake for 25 minutes. Enjoy!
More Keto Recipes
This keto cauliflower mac and cheese recipe is definitely one of our new favorites. If you haven’t checked out all of our keto recipes yet, make sure to check out our keto recipe index. You’ll also love all of our keto casseroles and sides. They work perfectly to satisfy your cravings while still staying compliant to the keto program.