This Keto Zucchini Lasagna recipe is the perfect way to enjoy that lasagna taste without the noodles, which add too many carbs for those of us following a keto lifestyle! It is simple to make as well as delicious, and healthy!
Keto Zucchini Lasagna Recipe
I’m not gonna lie. There are times at the beginning of my keto lifestyle change that I still craved noodles. It’s understandable, right? But, once I understood how much better I felt when I didn’t eat food items like that, I knew that the keto lifestyle was the perfect choice for my family and me. Luckily, this Zucchini Lasagna recipe gives me the taste of lasagna that I crave but keeps me on track of my healthy eating.
One of the biggest reasons that I love this recipe is that it’s super simple. Isn’t that one of the biggest hassles of actually making lasagna? It seems to take a long time and is quite a labor-intensive recipe! Luckily, this Keto Zucchini Lasagna recipe is the opposite of that and requires little time and effort on your part!
Any time that I can create a recipe that is truly packed with flavor, I’m 100% down! Plus, my kiddos have given this recipe two thumbs up time and time again!
Never Miss Out On Another Keto Recipe
You can access all of my Keto/Low Carb Recipes in my Keto/Low Carb Recipe Index or follow me on Pinterest for fabulous Keto/Low Carb Recipe Ideas. If you are just getting started following a keto diet and would like more information, here is a list of fantastic resources. Amazon has several excellent books you may want to check out here.
Plenty of Cheesy Goodness in this Low Carb Zucchini Lasagna Recipe
One of the great parts about living the Keto lifestyle? All the abundance of cheese that you can eat! This keto zucchini lasagna recipe doesn’t cut out that fantastic option, and I love that there are three different types of cheeses included!
If you happen to keep ground beef already browned in the freezer like me, it will save you quite a bit of time. Doing so is one of the few meal prep steps that make my week easier explained in these 5 easy steps to meal prep.
My two favorite low carb marinara sauces are Rao’s and Mezzetta’s. I’ve found both at Walmart.
Make sure to chop up the zucchini is bite-size pieces, but still, keep them big enough to get that zucchini taste and flavor!
While some people cut zucchini very thin vertically to mimic lasagna noodles, I find this method much quicker.
To make the ricotta mixture easier to spread, I spooned it out all over the low carb zucchini lasagna recipe. Use the back of a spoon to spread it out.
Yum! The cheesy goodness in this keto zucchini lasagna is on point!
Be ready for this to be a big hit in your household! My family always asks for second helpings!
How to Store Keto Zucchini Lasagna Recipe:
This Keto Zucchini Lasagna recipe may be kept fresh in the fridge for up to 4 days in an airtight container, or frozen for up to six months.
Other Keto Recipes:
How to Make Keto Zucchini Lasagna Recipe:
Keto Zucchini Lasagna
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/4 small onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 jar low carb spaghetti sauce ( I use either Rao’s or Mezzetta’s)
- 1 cup Ricotta Cheese
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup Parmesan Cheese
- 3 cups Mozzarella Cheese
- 2 cups zucchini, diced
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon Italian Seasoning
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Brown ground beef with chopped onion and minced garlic.
- Add ground beef back to the skillet and dump in the jar of spaghetti sauce. Simmer on low/medium heat covered for 10 minutes.
- In a small bowl combine ricotta cheese, egg, and parmesan cheese.
- Grease a 9X13 casserole dish.
- In a small skillet, melt butter and saute zucchini for 3-5 minutes. Remove from skillet when it is still crisp and sit on paper towels so that some of the moisture drains out.
- Cover the bottom of the casserole dish with 1/2 of the spaghetti sauce.
- Layer the sauteed zucchini next,
- Spoon the ricotta cheese mixture in dollops on top of the zucchini. (see the picture in the post above) then use the back of a spoon to spread it out.
- Layer 1/2 of the mozzarella cheese.
- Repeat the spaghetti sauce then end with mozzarella cheese.
- Sprinkle 1 tablespoon of Italian Seasoning on top.
- Bake covered with aluminum foil for 25 minutes, then remove foil and bake for another 15 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy!