This Keto Ground Beef and Cauliflower Casserole is comfort food at its best! This cheesy low carb meal is guaranteed to please the entire family.
Cheesy Ground Beef & Cauliflower Casserole Keto
Casseroles are warm, inviting, and easy to prepare! There are two that are favorites around my house. We love the amazing Keto Ground Beef Casserole: Perfect Comfort Dish and the tasty Low Carb Chicken Casserole (keto-friendly). Because we love them both, I began thinking, why not combine parts of each into a new recipe? The Cheesy Ground Beef and Cauliflower Casserole is basically a spin-off of these two delicious casseroles. A match made in heaven!
Is Cauliflower OK for Keto?
From main casserole meals to side dishes, cauliflower has taken the keto community by storm. The mild taste and versatility make cauliflower a keto favorite. It’s a tasty alternative to potatoes and rice. What’s great about cauliflower is you can either eat it raw or cauliflower bakes wonderfully! Better yet, there are only 1.5 net carbs in a 1/2 cup of cauliflower. It’s perfect for cauliflower casserole low-carb recipes.
I use fresh cauliflower when making the ground beef creamy cauliflower casserole. If you find it easier, you can also use frozen. Chop your florets into bite-sized pieces. Be sure you thaw your frozen florets before chopping. Try to make the chopped florets uniformly sized so that they will cook evenly.
Before adding it to your keto cauliflower casserole, roast the cauliflower. This will help dry it out and also add more texture. When roasting the florets, I use a tablespoon of olive oil with a little salt and pepper.
Time-Saving Tip: One of the best time savers I have found when cooking is to keep my freezer stocked with browned ground beef. It makes meal prep so much easier. For more time-saving tips like this, check out 5 Simple Keto Meal Prep Ideas to Save You Time.
During the last few minutes of roasting the cauliflower, I make the cheese sauce. A lot of people are partial to cheddar cheese, but I like using several different kinds of cheese. You can certainly sub your favorites. I simply used what I had on hand.
Just pour the cheese sauce on top of the casserole dish and pop it in the oven. You could prepare this ahead of time and bake it when ready.
How Long to Bake Cauliflower Casserole Recipe?
This easy cauliflower casserole can be ready in less than an hour so it would be a perfect dish for a quick meal after a busy day. It is filling, delicious, and tastes as good as it looks.
How Many Net Carbs are in this Cheesy Cauliflower Casserole Recipe?
With 6g of carbs and 1g of fiber, this recipe has 5 net carbs per serving. There are 12 servings in this recipe that I divided evenly.
Boring casserole? Not tonight! The creamy cauliflower and crispy bacon make this cheesy cauliflower casserole a meal you will look forward to all day. This low-carb dinner is warm, filling, and delicious. Better yet, there are only five net carbs per serving. Not only did my husband love this dish, but the kids gobbled it up! If you love this recipe, you’ll love 20 Delicious Ground Beef Casserole Recipes.
Variations to This Recipe:
- If you’re not keen on cauliflower, try using a different veggie (green beans, broccoli, asparagus, zucchini, etc.).
- Braggs Aminos is a healthier version of soy sauce, and it gives ground beef a deep, savory flavor. You can use soy sauce or Worcestershire sauce instead if you are okay with those.
- Sub turkey for ground beef.
- Use a variety of cheese.
Can You Freeze Cauliflower Casserole with Cheese?
I’m not sure the ground beef creamy cauliflower casserole would freeze well, as dairy products like heavy whipping cream, cream cheese, and cheese can break down and become grainy in the freezer. It does store well in the fridge up to five days and rewarms nicely.
What to Serve with Ground Beef & Cauliflower Casserole?
This keto cauliflower casserole is a complete meal in itself, so a nice garden salad would go great with it.
More Easy Keto Casserole Recipes:
- 20 Easy Keto Casserole Recipes
- Low Carb Ground Beef Recipe: Italian Skillet
- Quick & Easy Low Carb Chili Casserole
- Best Keto Taco Casserole
- Chicken Bacon Caesar Keto Casserole
- Easy Low Carb Keto Cheeseburger Casserole
It is hard not to love a keto dish with cheese and bacon and this recipe is no exception.
How to Make Cheesy Ground Beef & Cauliflower Casserole:
Cheesy Ground Beef and Cauliflower Casserole
- 6 cups cauliflower florets (I used fresh)
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1.5 lbs ground beef
- 1/4 small onion, chopped
- 3 tbsp Bragg's Aminos
- 1/4 tsp salt and pepper
- 4 oz cream cheese
- 1 3/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 4 oz sharp cheddar cheese, grated
- 4 oz mild cheddar cheese, grated
- 4 oz mozzarella cheese, grated
- 2 oz parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 tbsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1/4 tsp powdered mustard
- 1/2 tsp Italian seasoning
- 3 pieces of cooked bacon, crumbled
- 1 tsp parsley
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Wash, dry, and chop fresh cauliflower into bite-sized florets. If using frozen, thaw then chop into bite-sized florets.
- Add 1 tbsp olive oil to cauliflower (I also sprinkled a little salt and pepper on it) and toss to coat. Pour on a sheet pan covered with parchment paper to roast in a single layer.
- Roast 10 min then remove from oven and turn over. Roast for 10 more minutes. Remove roasted cauliflower from the oven, then turn the oven down to 375 degrees, so that it can reach the appropriate temperature for baking the casserole.
- While the cauliflower is roasting, brown ground beef and onions in a skillet then drain.
- Add salt, pepper, and Bragg's Aminos to the ground beef mixture and stir to combine.
- Grease a 9 X 13 casserole dish. Pour the ground beef in the bottom.
- Add roasted cauliflower florets on top of the ground beef.
- In a saucepan, add the cream cheese, cheeses, heavy whipping cream, and remaining spices (except the parsley). Simmer on low stirring continuously until the cheeses melt and the sauce is smooth. Make sure not to turn the heat up too high, or it will cause the sauce to break down and become grainy.
- Pour cheese sauce over ground beef and roasted cauliflower.
- Bake for 25 minutes, then remove from oven and sprinkle the crumbled cooked bacon and parsley on top. Bake for another 4 minutes on the top rack of the oven.
- Remove from oven and let it rest 5 minutes before serving.