This Keto Bunless Hamburger Recipe is a delicious meal everyone will love! Stuffed with cheese, bacon, and seasoned well, the result is a juicy, flavorful keto-friendly burger without all the carbs!
Bunless Stuffed Keto Burger
Anyone can simply remove the bread on a burger and call it “keto-friendly” however, this hamburger is not just ANY burger. It is stuffed with bacon and cheesy goodness, making, you forget there is no bun! The bacon bits and shredded cheese are added to the ground beef mixture and then formed into patties. Other than pickles, toppings are not necessary since all the flavor is packed inside! If you love burgers, you have to try my Keto Big Mac Salad Recipe (with Creamy Dressing) recipe!
- Ground Chuck 80/20 – For the juiciest burgers, choose ground beef with at least 20% fat.
- Bacon – You can put bacon on top of your burger, but combining crispy crumbled bacon inside the patty ensures the entire burger is infused with delicious bacon flavor and added fat.
- Cheddar Cheese – Same as adding bacon inside the burger. Shreds of cheddar cheese inside the burger take it to an entirely different level of deliciousness.
- Spices, Worcestershire sauce, and yellow mustard – Flavor is the name of the game! Don’t skimp on spices and sauces, or you’ll miss out on adding additional flavors and moisture to your burger.
Step 1: Cook the bacon in a skillet until crispy and browned. Let cool on paper towels and then crumble into small pieces.
Step 2: Combine cheese, bacon, seasoning, and mustard in a bowl then mix together. It’s important to mix these ingredients first before adding to the ground beef to make the keto burgers. Doing so means you will handle the ground beef as little as possible.
Step 3: Add this mixture to your ground beef. For juicy burgers, I use Ground Chuck with 20% fat. The key to mixing burgers is not handling the meat mixture too much. Otherwise, it can make them tough. Using your hands is the best way to combine all the ingredients quickly.
*You can also use ground chicken, turkey, venison, or a mixture of beef and veal if you prefer.
Step 4: Form your ground meat mixture into patties and poke a small hole in the center. This will help the burger cook evenly while keeping it flat in the middle. The hole will close as it cooks.
Step 5: Grill your burgers until they reach your desired doneness. The ideal internal temperature is about 160 degrees F.
Here is a Burger Internal Temperature Guide for your convenience.
If you don’t have a grill or the weather isn’t cooperating, you can also cook these keto burgers in a cast-iron skillet (or another skillet) on the stove, in the air fryer, or an indoor grill.
Step 5: Place the hamburger patty on top of lettuce, a slice of tomato, and thinly sliced red onion. Top with pickles or other favorite toppings and enjoy!
Keto-Friendly Burger Buns Options
You do not need a bun to enjoy this hamburger recipe, but if you would like to serve it on one, here is a Keto Burger Bun recipe that will satisfy your carb craving. You can also keep it simple and make a chaffle.
Burger Sauces That Are Keto Friendly
This Sugar-Free BBQ Sauce recipe is delicious. If you love BBQ sauce, why not slather it all over your burger?
Ketchup is a popular go-to when it comes to burgers, fries, or nuggets. Check out this Homemade Sugar-Free Ketchup recipe that is low carb and would be the perfect addition to your keto burger!
An Easy Keto Burger Sauce to top your burger with that will surely remind you of those sinfully tasty fast food burgers we all know too well.
If you love spicy food or want an added kick to your burger, serve it with a side of this Spicy Mayo Sauce that will easily change things up!
What To Serve On The Side
Some can’t have a burger without a side of fries or chips. They say eating it alone is like eating spaghetti without the meatballs. If this is you, then satisfy your french fry craving with one of these keto-friendly substitutes!
Jicama Fries are similar to a potato in that they are starchy and super crunchy!
Keto Rutabaga Fries are another fun way to get in more veggies!
My Crispy Kale Chips are a deliciously healthy way to get that extra crunch in!
These Fauxtato (Radish) Chips would also be a perfect chip substitute!
If you prefer to serve with low carb vegetables roasted Brussels Sprouts, steamed broccoli, Keto Air Fryer Roasted Green Beans, or a leafy garden salad, all pair perfectly.
Other keto hamburger recipes:
Keto Bunless Bacon Cheeseburger Recipe:
Keto Bunless Hamburger Recipe (Stuffed w/ Bacon & Cheese)
- Fry one pound of bacon in a skillet, then set aside on a paper towel to drain. Crumble when cooled.
- In a small bowl, combine all your ingredients except the ground beef and mix together well.
- Then add those ingredients to a larger bowl along with your ground beef. Mix until just combined. You don’t want to overwork the ground beef. (The best way is to use your hands!)
- Grab a handful and form into a ball. Then pat down to shape each into patties. To make them cook more evenly form the patty leaving a small hole in the center. As they cook, the hole will close up.
- Grill or cook your burgers on the stovetop until your desired doneness.