Have you ever had a Butter Burger? This easy and Keto Butter Burger Recipe is going to be one you will absolutely fall in love with for the grill! Keto fans can serve on lettuce buns, or just by themselves. They pair great with your favorite keto-friendly sides!
Keto Butter Burger Recipe
Grilled burgers are a staple at our home, especially during the summer. It’s so easy to fire up the grill, throw on some burgers and veggies without ever getting your kitchen dirty. Since we’ve been following a Ketogenic diet, I’ve learned to love my burger without a bun, which is kind of crazy considering that the bun used to be my favorite part.
It’s always fun to change up burgers as there are many possibilities. Our favorite way to jazz up a burger is by adding butter. It’s true! Butter makes everything better. At least that is what I have found since following Keto. This recipe for a butter burger comes together with just a few ingredients, but don’t forget to add a big pat of butter before shaping the patties for incredible flavor.
Scroll down to the bottom of the of the post for the printable recipe.
Tips for ketogenic diet newbies
If you are just getting started following a keto diet and would like more information, there are tons of fantastic resources. Amazon has several excellent books you may want to check out here. I also posted a great list of Best Keto Resources for Newbies that are very helpful.
Dividing your meat up into four equal burgers is easy when you simply divide ahead in the bowl like above!
A bit of butter formed inside the butter burger patty is a perfect way to have that delicious flavor in every bite you take!
Note: You can also make smaller burgers by dividing the mixture into eight equal portions and using 1/2 tbsp of butter per burger. This would cut with nutritional information in half.
Keto Butter Burgers
- 2 lbs 80/20 hamburger meat
- 2 tbs Braggs Aminos (use coconut aminos if avoiding soy)
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 4 tbsp butter
- In a medium bowl add all ingredients except for butter and mix together thoroughly.
- After the burger mixture is combined, score the mixture with your hand making a cross to make it easier to divide the meat evenly so that all burgers are the same size.
- With each of the four sections make four equal sized burgers.
- Press one tbsp of butter into the center of each burger then cover the butter completely with the burger mixture making sure no butter is showing.
- If cooking on a grill, grill for approximately 7-8 min on each side depending on the temp of your grill and desired doneness. The added fat may cause flare-ups on the grill, so make sure to watch closely. If cooking in a pan cook on med approximately 8-9 minutes on each side or until desired doneness. If you are like me and prefer your burger well done, you'll cook it much longer depending on grill or stove temperature.
- Garnish burger with your favorite toppings.
More Keto Recipes
If you aren’t already following my Easy Keto/Low Carb Recipe Page on Facebook where I post all my new recipes, you can join here and follow me on Pinterest here. I prepare and share a ton of great recipes here, but the groups offer a large variety shared by many of our members. For my own favorite recipes, check out our links below.
- 20 Delicious Keto Beef Recipes
- Keto Crockpot Beef Stew
- Keto Beef & Veggie Stir Fry
- Keto Instant Pot Pot Roast Recipe